[Oshi no Ko] - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Acting Ability

thanks for the translation (the part about DNA was really interesting)

Dex-chan lover
@Superoniichan

Is a little bit more complicated than that but yeah. It's all a trick, we thought we were getting an "idol falls into disgrace" kinda story but then turns into a full on vengeance thriller.

While also making the idol fall into disgrace.
Also, the editor has admitted that this series exists just for the sole purpose of the author getting his edgyness away from Kaguya-sama

But seeing that it'll end soon... I'm hoping for more than 20 chapters.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

Kaguya-sama, which the author said might end in less than a year. I stand corrected. Read @CRay response for more info.
Which also means that a fourth season of the anime it's unlikely because there's not more material to promote. Again, corrected

@Raknasuu

Akasaka said nothing about Kaguya-sama ending in less than a year. Akasaka said the manga is in its final phase (beginning-middle-end phase) when we reach Chapter 200. Since the manga is supposed to end when

Shirogane graduates in October, and in-universe it's still February/March,

and we are 2/3 parts done with the story, you can infer that the manga will still go on for ~2 years, maybe even longer.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter ang googling all that stuff for lazy ones like me.

Dex-chan lover
@CRay

Edited, just to make clear that I was mistaken. Might have gotten confused by another article or something, will be more careful in the future. Also, by the way you phrased your comment it looks like there's around 100 chapters left until the end? What the heck, that's a lot. Which makes me kinda happy tbh if it's true.

@SuperOniichan

Well, my credibility is shit right now. But let me explain myself nonetheless. No, by the time a third season comes out there will probably be material to make 2 more seasons. In part because there was material that wasn't adapted in season 2 that might make it into season 3 even if they were chapters before 101 (Where season 2 ended). If the manga was ending soon, the third season would be enough of an advertisement for people to go and buy the last volumes... Making a fourth season unlikely to happen as there would be no reason to promote a work that has already ended... Unless the IP holder would want for that piece of work to stay highly relevant and get more sales which cases exist but are not that common.

Anime is just some kind of ad for the original works or the IP. It doesn't really hold value for itself and it's expensive to produce. Because of that, a lot of shows are incomplete and missing a last-season. Even popularity doesn't grant that a new season would be produced (NGNL can be an example). I think that's exactly what could happen with Kimetsu no Yaiba now that it ended. It might never get another season because the movie would be enough of an advertisement push for the people to go and read the manga.

In fact, movies are even better promotionals than anime in the short run, because the ticket sales actually report money to the investors while simultaneously promoting the IP. That's the reason a lot of those shows that didn't get a second or third season got a sequel movie instead, Kimetsu no Yaiba included (I'm thinking Youjo Senki, but that show is not that popular... Maybe Rascal does not blablabla and The Dissapereance of Susumiya Haruhi are better examples...? and let's not forget my shoujo-ai thingy with Hibike Euphonium! and its three (two) movies in less than 3 years)

Something getting a complete adaptation like the NisiOisiN works (Monogatari Series, Katanagatari which I'm crazy in love with) or a full on reboot to re-adapt everything (FMAB) are really RARE cases in the anime industry. I couldn't be happier if Kaguya-sama was adapted completely once it ends, but I gotta be a little realistic with those things.

Fuck... Sorry for the extension by the way.

inb4 he finds out Kaburagi's the father, kills him, and continues his life only to find out Kaburagi reincarnated as his son

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu shoujo-ai thingy? Well, I don't know about Japan, but judging by the hype I've seen around Kaguya in the west, this franchise is extremely positive praised. I wouldn't be surprised if this anime becomes a cult show in a couple of years and people also complain about the lack of a sequel, as they did with many Madhouse shows.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!
Wonder if Aqua gonna jaw dropping act in next chapter..

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan

"Shoujo-ai thingy" Why did I say that? Well, it might not mean what I think it means because I ain't no native speaker. In any case, you gotta admit that both the first season of Hibike Euphonium! and the Liz to Aoi Tori spin-off movie are pretty fucking gay.
I have the "confession of love" scene of the first season burned in my fucking memory

Probably the hardest yuribait KyoAni has ever animated so far (I haven't watched Tamako's Market and Love story yet). Is just basically fucking
Nettaigyo wa Yuki ni Kogareru
levels of bait but without trying to keep ambiguous the relationship with the two FML by having a dialogue in the next two episodes that essentially makes one of them straight.

About Kaguya: The popularity in the whole world is pretty high. And being Aniplex the one that produced both seasons and how much they care about the global market, I think it could get both a full on adaptation and the modern classic title pretty easily. BUT BEFORE WE DELUSION OURSELVES:

Shingeki no Kyojin has to hit the mark first and mark a precedent for what a modern classic fully adapted makes it financially.

Dex-chan lover
@Raknasuu Don't tell me you're one of those Eupho tumblr and twitter fans who are still trying to prove that this is yuri and not an abuse of the homoerotic metaphors that have cornered KyoAni themselves when it was time to adapt the actual romantic subplot from LN.

Do you think that if the completion of AoT don't be commercial hit, it will badly affect the chances of Kaguya's sequels?

MD@Home
Seeing that the chapter thread is getting derailed, let's get back on topic.
I think Kana is cute.

Users who are viewing this thread