【Oshi no Ko】 - Vol. 3 Ch. 28 - Getting Into Character

Ah so she’s going with the character of Ai as a way to protect herself too. I thought she was just gonna be a yandere but it makes sense since Aqua mentioned it

Dex-chan lover
Aqua REALLY needs a shrink. Theres some oedipal Freudian shit going on with him...

Not gonna lie, i can hear the Jibun wo after seeing Akane's eyes

p45Yan2.gif

Holy shit, how much time did she spent analyzing Ai since she had that conversation with Aqua.
It's scary enough that she spent so much time and effort analyzing her but the fact that she was able to perfectly understand Ai's character.
I mean " secretive nature and a desire to be exposed" or " signs of developemental disorder". The fact that she can so accurately describe this.
And she already caught on to Ai's teenage pregancy " emotionally unbalanced... typical for kids who had sex during pregancy".
It's been a while since I was genuinely unnerved by a character so good job Aka...

It's hard to say how much of what we have seen of her up to now was just her acting since we now know that she is really damn good at it. I had my suspicions that there would be more to her than we saw but still... god tier plot twist. Now the question is how goodwilled her intentions are and how crazy she might be. Definetely curious. But oh damn this spells trouble either way. I can only imagine Aqua's reaction to this and more importantely how much of a danger her knowledge of Ai may become. Since she already catched on to the fact that Ai was pregnant at 16 she might also realize that Aqua is her son. Either this becomes a new threat to Aqua and Ruby or she might help Aqua in his quest to find the father. It really depends on how much of her character up to now was real. Maybe she really is grateful to Aqua and genuinely wants to help him or she has developed an unhealthy obsession with him after all the stress she has faced. I'm leaning toward the latter. And even if she does intend to help him I don't think that Aqua will accept that help. He probably intends to do this without anyone's help. This is some really interesting developement. I love you Aka, you genius you xD.

Edit: I meant " emotionally unbalanced... typical for kids who had sex during puberty". So I guess she didn't realize yet that she was pregnant. I somehow misread that xD

Dex-chan lover
@Omniasu I should probably correct you here but Akane didn't realise that Ai was pregnant. Rather she worked out her emotional balance was from having sex during puberty, not pregnancy. But she's close to the truth as she noticed that Ai calmed down at 15, the age she was when she did get pregnant.

Group Leader
I know they’re making her out to be kinda creepy but I relay like the direction her character is taking. Like I though she was gonna remain a victim/shy girl who was saved but she actually is really talented even if it is presented in a twisted way.

I’m not really fond of the pitiful tragic girl who ends up leaving the story cause she decides it’s not for her. On the other hand I feel like we’re going down the creepy stalker girl route oof

Readers forgetting Akane is ACTING ON SET and that Yuki, Memcho, and Aqua himself encouraged her to act in a different persona.

Akane said so herself that she'll act like Ai. Aqua is just in the receiving end of the superior actor.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm wondering if Aqua is plotting a move to make his father nervous. If he has her act as Ai and he acts like his father, he could force his father to get closer.

Okay this is kinda stretching my suspicion of disbelief a bit, yes I know this is a manga where we have reincarnated mcs but still.

Dex-chan lover
I think it's rather obvious now (if it wasn't before) that Aqua's ideal version of Ai, which was given to him during his time as a doctor and as a child, is going to be unpleasantly peeled away and we're going to see the side of Ai that she didn't really want anyone else to see.

It's been spelled out a few times with flashbacks, the mobile phones, that prior director, and now Akane's personality reads.

Don't meet your heroes, kids.

@zigzagroot that's just... you do realize that his father make Ai pregnant right? Do you want Aqua to do the same to Akane? Being in relationship in secret (not so secretive that the target doesn't know. Is there a concrete target actually?), then that potentially career ending action to Akane? That's just a bad idea all along.

Dude, that's kinda scary tbh. Quite the dedication, still it's kinda scary. But damn, that's dedication.

Users who are viewing this thread