Oshibana! - Ch. 31

Supporter
Yeah, it really does seem like the author realized they ended up making the side ship seem more believable than the oshi and idol nonsense of the main ship.

These chaps feel like the author regrets not making these 2 the main stars of the story.
They've even had their own canon one-shots outside the main title.

Of course, those kinda had to be outside the main title but, still.

Dex-chan lover
I've been wondering for awhile if the author plans to have the main couple ever get physically intimate like this. They've seemed to be at a standstill for awhile now.

Contributor
Sawa is still as popular as ever, and she's getting requests again even before her injury has fully healed. Masaki is nowhere to be found this chapter, so zero progress between them for now. They'll never catch up as a couple to their friends at this rate...

Meanwhile, Marika and Shouma being a proper couple continue to provide my dose of romance in this manga. Marika is having an existential moment wondering about the future of their relationship, but the fact that she's even thinking of that means she cares!

"but obviously your birthday's more important than that"
I am proud of her character growth. 🥲
He stood strong and invested in his love for her and now the dividends of a requited love are coming back to him. Sure he lost to Sawa at popularity, but he has her beat when it comes to romance.

"How much longer will he pay attention to me..."
This coming from the former ice queen who couldn't be arsed for anything about the guy when they began dating? From a toxic fake relationship to a fairly realistic lovey-dovey couple. Couple Growth? What black magic is this? Yeah, I adore this couple even more now.

I got a feeling canon H-doujin Intermission part 3 is gonna be set right after this chapter. :smug:

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I've been wondering for awhile if the author plans to have the main couple ever get physically intimate like this. They've seemed to be at a standstill for awhile now.
The boy still thinks of her like a TV show character (that's what idols are in a nutshell), no way the author would have screen time to progress them beyond "I'll be in your care", not that he has the slightest intention to do it.

Dex-chan lover
The boy still thinks of her like a TV show character (that's what idols are in a nutshell), no way the author would have screen time to progress them beyond "I'll be in your care", not that he has the slightest intention to do it.
Yeah, I've been thinking she would end up having to take the initiative since he's still hung up on her idol status.

Dex-chan lover
Marika, you're doing a good job. Just don't overthink things. Have fun with him. Love him as much as you can... And let him love you back. Use protection.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I've been thinking she would end up having to take the initiative since he's still hung up on her idol status.
Both of them are hung up on this idiocy!
No idea if it's intentional by the author, but the manga consistently gives an impression that Sawa really loves being called "idol" and "prince", being fawned over and whatnot.
At any time, she could have a talk with her classmates and explain that she's nobody's idol, that she's a normal girl who wants to get along with everyone and very politely ask that the drop this "OSHIIII!!1!" stupidity.
Heck, she even does a ton of menial work, which she clearly hates, not to mention deliberately blowing her chance to be with the guy she supposedly likes, all of it just to keep her status as "oshi" of a class. Argh.
In a sense, she is the "queen" and "idol" for all these idiots, MC very much included. After all, she's possibly the biggest idiot of them all

Last edited:
Group Leader
Both of them are hung up on this idiocy!
No idea if it's intentional by the author, but the manga consistently gives an impression that Sawa really loves being called "idol" and "prince", being fawned over and whatnot.
At any time, she could have a talk with her classmates and explain that she's nobody's idol, that she's a normal girl who wants to get along with everyone and very politely ask that the drop this "OSHIIII!!1!" stupidity.
Heck, she even does a ton of menial work, which she clearly hates, not to mention deliberately blowing her chance to be with the guy she supposedly likes, all of it just to keep her status as "oshi" of a class. Argh.
In a sense, she is the "queen" and "idol" for all these idiots, MC very much included. After all, she's possibly the biggest idiot of them all
I think Sawa is just too kind and don't want to disappoint people around her and refuse.

That's why she's taking this burden

Group Leader
Why is everyone assuming being an idol is this huge burden to Sawa even though it's shown multiple times that she likes it?

Maybe try to understand that you are reading a work that comes from a different culture with different values than your own and realize that characters won't always feel the same way as you do personally. It shouldn't be that hard to imagine, living up to high external expectations and praise should be universal in work, school, and life, it really shouldn't be this hard to relate to.

Users who are viewing this thread