Oshikake Twin Tail - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Another World

Dex-chan lover
Nope, hikikomori is a term for someone that doesnt leave their house/room
while
NEET is Not in Employment, Education or Training

Dex-chan lover
The description really need to be changed, from the beginning I found it strange the NEET part when he worked in trade.

I wanted to know, what does the therm FX mean? My main language isn't English and I have difficult to find the meaning.

=)) that's over $100k a month, freaking guy is a millionaire in a year, fuck this shit i'm out =)), gotta quite my job and do fx

@alacaelum @alacaelum NEET probably is a correct way to describe him, though it doesn't look like he's been specifically called one yet in these strips. The Employment "e" is actually very narrowly defined, and really only considers being employed at a company. Self-employed individuals such as authors or in this case, a day trader, are not considered employed despite their income earning ability, that detail is not part of this classification.

The author of God's Memopad spends a good chunk of the first book's afterword going into this and how surreal it is that he's considered a NEET despite earning a comfortable living writing, which became the basis for Alice being a NEET who is anything but a financial leech and instead earns far more than Narumi can even fathom despite her being unable to leave her apartment without a panic attack. He also makes Alice go on a long rant about how the designation is borderline useless as a statistic because of how its defined relative to how it's used to imply those not within those four criteria don't contribute to society and the economy when that's not entirely true

Dex-chan lover
@TheGTF So to simplify how i understood your explanation... it just a derogatory term to diminish the effort of those that don't conform to their beautiful, perfect and individuality crushing working mentality. Did I get it right?

From the things I read about Japanese work environment and ethics I don't know how they can say that they abolished slavery without feeling any shame.

Anyway, thank you for the info, really interesting.

@alacaelum It's not that simple. It's a term they borrowed from the UK and it was used for mostly the same sort of grouping. But the problem was from inception the UK Social Exclusion Unit, the Department of Education, etc never agreed to a single definition or standard when it came to measurements for what defined "economic inactivity" for their respective purposes.

In Japan, there is pejorative connotation to it as defining younger generations as being lazy but their PoV is rooted in their traditional salaryman career path protected by lifetime employment. The problem is that system has more or less dissolved over the last 30 years or so and the expectation of lifetime employment at a single company is not realistic anymore- so one could assess the climb in the NEET numbers as being a reaction against a career model that isn't as readily obtainable anymore as the people calling the shots remember it being when they were young. There's so much bias in media reporting about the subject, rather than empirical study, so it's hard to get a clear idea of what the socio-economic meanings really are. It's likely a mix of both sides as partially true. At the end of the day, it's really more obsolete of a grouping than anything else because the economic world they operate under has changed in significant ways beyond what their original definitions accounted for

Also for what it's worth, the self-employed here in the US also don't count as 'employed' when it comes to such head counts, they're normally disallowed for unemployment benefits.

Im a retail trader myself and there are a lot of different personalities within the various communities because many of us not at firms get into day trading because of life circumstances. But there is a subset of people who, for the lack of a better word, are autistic savants. Extremely good traders but difficult to communicate with. The MC seems to be a light version of that type of person.

Dex-chan lover
@TheGTF Interesting, so let me correct myself, the structure where the ideology in question already changed decades ago at this point it is plain stupidity and a sense of nostalgia that chains the mindset of the society to a thing that is pretty much dead, from what you say eve people are already aware that they don't need this kind of thinking anymore.

Even so from things that I have read of works ethics from there, there is the idea that people are expected to devote their abilities in an almost drone kind of way to their respective jobs still exists, I mean look at how many info there is of how SJ and other manga publishers practically course the authors to do things their way, I admit that there are examples were this made things good ( some arcs of dragon ball that are iconic, going for what I know were made this way ), this is one proof that things still are stale in some ways.

But like you said I do believe that the point were this kind of thinking cant sustain itself anymore is approaching quickly, in a way the one-child policy in China is an example of that, they are really reaping what they had sown.

Dex-chan lover
So he's bringing home $27-37,000 per month. The dude has my respect!

You need to have a lot of capital to be able to get that much out of stocks and fx in the first place, you can't get 500k/year out of nothing.

Dex-chan lover
I'm just glad to see people who still remember Kamisama no Memochou in a comment section anywhere...

Users who are viewing this thread