Ossan Boukensha Kane no Zenkou - Vol. 5 Ch. 18 - Lets go home together!!

Dex-chan lover
All the people going WTF Maya and here I am thinking 'oh yeah, that work'

1. The statues are merely receptor of faith/wishes, the Gods can exist separate from it. Altena's backstory was a good example of this. She was just a soul, and the statue Kane picked up wasn't even specifically hers but some long 'dead' goddess. Through the creator God's working his prayer to that statue give Altena's power until she's now a proper goddess.
Meaning destroying this statue will cut off the monster's prayers towards it only, and shouldn't affect Noir herself.

2. Back in ch 14, we already get an example that you can just make new statues/shrines for them. In ch15 Kane hands his hand-crafted statue for Altena to the church.
So yeah, Kane can just make a new one for Noir, no need to cling the the old one.

Dex-chan lover
In the end give it a few thousand years and the demons will just create another evil good as long as they are oppressed by humans and called as monsters the cycle of hate will continue.

I just wanna say, that that loli = legal,

(thx for the chapter)

(how long till next, pls tell me its only gonna b 1 week till next cus i can't wait)

Aggregator gang
@WhimsiCat There's the small problem that gods need to be worshiped to maintain their forms and the idol is a medium to receive and be a target for that worship. Gods that aren't worshiped are forgotten and fade away. That's why Altena keeps fading in and out. If Noir was to lose her medium for worship it's likely that she will start to fade as well, even with an alternate body.

That being said, Maya has always been the only person in the series who acts based on logical conclusions as opposed to Ana and Sephira who are more emotionally inclined. She has to know that if she does something that hurts Kane that Ana will likely kill her so the main conclusions you can come to are.
1. she thinks she can resolve this without hurting Noir, thus Kane
2. she believes that it's worth risking her life to prevent the dark god from reviving again.

Of course as we know Maya has come to logic based conclusions multiple times and has been overridden by her more emotionally inclined partners. So this could be yet another example of that happening.

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro : Altena fading in and out is because she used up so much of her power before, not because she lose her statue (the statue that Kane picked up was for a nameless goddess that's already dead, the creator God made it link to Altena so that Kane's prayer to the 'mountain goddess' would go to her)

It's BECAUSE she didn't have that much power that the idea of spreading her worship to give her more power was brought up, so that next time she has to use her power for miracle she wouldn't be at risk of disappearing.

And per Altena's explanation (with MAYA's own speculation) here:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/887198/28
https://mangadex.org/chapter/887198/29
https://mangadex.org/chapter/887198/30
https://mangadex.org/chapter/887198/31

1. Noir herself, without all the monsters' prayers after being purified by Kane, was akin to a nameless God (i.e. Altena herself at one point)
2. The monsters' prayers is what threatens to turn her 'back' to being evil god.
3. It's literally Kane's 'wish' that made Noir who she is right now. So in a way he has 'created' the goddess Noir in the same way his prayer has made Altena a goddess.

So as long as they can clearly cutoff the current overlap between Noir and evil god, the statue, and build a new statue to keep praying for her, then she should be able to keep existing even if she's a lot weaker than when she was evil god.

Dex-chan lover
Somehow, the fact that "power of love" was the solution doesn't bother me at all, I guess because it feels really fitting with this manga.

I just want to say..
Naruto is better than him...
What the hell are you doing, kane ?
In the middle of war, depending with your words and luck ?

Yeah kane give the idol to the mighty witch, let her seal that thing in another dimension or something so nobody can use it for bs anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like the MC of this series is kinda... dunno how to say it. Its like... he doesnt do much apart from "talking about the power of love and frienship".
Kinda reminds me of Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon LOL

Loosing Family is Painful sure

Knowing they're source of your misery? that's more pain

Double-page supporter
You're not part of the harem, creepy life style witch. You are fair game. Don't push it.

Users who are viewing this thread