Ossan, Tenseishite Tensai Yakusha ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Dex-chan lover
Chapter one and two of this manga feel too disjointed. Maybe it'll get better down the line but right now it just feels off from a pacing perspective.

Dex-chan lover
I still don't get it, like at all...
Chapter 1 was a bit of a bait, showing us how successful and amazing the MC is as an actor (the MC is the little girl)
The actual story starts from chapter 2, showing us the past of the MC before he reincarnated into a little girl. Basically he was a pathetic actor and you're supposed to feel bad for him, and now root for him as he gets a 2nd chance in life.
Chapter one and two of this manga feel too disjointed. Maybe it'll get better down the line but right now it just feels off from a pacing perspective.
If this is indeed adapted by the WN I once read, then the pacing is supposed to be fine. Chapter 1 was the hook, to get your interested in this super talented "girl" and chapter 2 actually starts the story.
However, the art being super rough makes it hard to distinguish characters, and the abrupt jump between the future (ch1) and past (ch2) made things extra confusing.

Dex-chan lover
Chapter 1 was a bit of a bait, showing us how successful and amazing the MC is as an actor (the MC is the little girl)
The actual story starts from chapter 2, showing us the past of the MC before he reincarnated into a little girl. Basically he was a pathetic actor and you're supposed to feel bad for him, and now root for him as he gets a 2nd chance in life.

If this is indeed adapted by the WN I once read, then the pacing is supposed to be fine. Chapter 1 was the hook, to get your interested in this super talented "girl" and chapter 2 actually starts the story.
However, the art being super rough makes it hard to distinguish characters, and the abrupt jump between the future (ch1) and past (ch2) made things extra confusing.
So basically, a bait chapter to get people interested, then a second chapter where it's supposed to start the story and I am SUPPOSED to feel bad for him? I don't even understand how he turned into a little girl in the first place and why he is already grown up.

I don't really like plots like this, makes it so much harder to understand the story and why it even happened.

Group Leader
I don't really like plots like this, makes it so much harder to understand the story and why it even happened.
It does wrap up nicely in the first volume (chapter 5). From how I see it, we don't necessarily have to feel bad for him since all the experience in the second chapter (including the underwear thing and his death) is actually what changed him from a mediocre middle-aged actor into a genius actor/actress(?).

Not sure if the author's choice of word 'actor' is intentional or not.

Dex-chan lover
It does wrap up nicely in the first volume (chapter 5). From how I see it, we don't necessarily have to feel bad for him since all the experience in the second chapter (including the underwear thing and his death) is actually what changed him from a mediocre middle-aged actor into a genius actor/actress(?).

Not sure if the author's choice of word 'actor' is intentional or not.
I forgot to respond but I guess I'll wait till chapter 5 to see it wrap up nicely, I still don't know how death can change you from a mediocre actor to a genius actress but logic I guess.

Dex-chan lover
So basically, a bait chapter to get people interested, then a second chapter where it's supposed to start the story and I am SUPPOSED to feel bad for him? I don't even understand how he turned into a little girl in the first place and why he is already grown up.

it's basic loser-turned-genius-reincarnation plot bruh. Basically, he was a loser adult in his past life, and this chapter is supposed to make you feel some sort of empathy for his situation because he sucks.

Next chapters will explain how he got reincarnated into this little girl, and maybe even how his acting skill improve.

TLDR: it's the braindead loser-turned-genius-reincarnation plot that is popular in many stories recently. No need to think too deep abt it.

Dex-chan lover
it's basic loser-turned-genius-reincarnation plot bruh. Basically, he was a loser adult in his past life, and this chapter is supposed to make you feel some sort of empathy for his situation because he sucks.

Next chapters will explain how he got reincarnated into this little girl, and maybe even how his acting skill improve.

TLDR: it's the braindead loser-turned-genius-reincarnation plot that is popular in many stories recently. No need to think too deep abt it.
I have never heard of this plot till this story... Also, isn't that his fault for becoming a "loser adult"? Why am I supposed to feel empathy for becoming a little girl and suddenly a genius? Doesn't feel right.

Dex-chan lover
I have never heard of this plot till this story... Also, isn't that his fault for becoming a "loser adult"? Why am I supposed to feel empathy for becoming a little girl and suddenly a genius? Doesn't feel right.
You either live under a rock, or don't read many stories with reincarnation before huh? Because this is not only popular in Japanese, but literally in all literatures with the reincarnation genre. "Break through the heavens" and "Mushoku Tensei" are 2 popular stories I can think of right now.

You are supposed to feel empathy or sympathy to the MC because he was pathetic, and now suddenly he gets a 2nd chance at life. This type of story is aimed at those who are feeling particularly down and/or can understand the MC's pain, and it uses that to connect the readers with the story. If it doesn't feel right for you, maybe you don't get the MC's pain, and that's fine.

If this is not your cup of tea you can simply walk away, no one is forcing you to read or feel anything for the story bruh.

Dex-chan lover
You either live under a rock, or don't read many stories with reincarnation before huh? Because this is not only popular in Japanese, but literally in all literatures with the reincarnation genre. "Break through the heavens" and "Mushoku Tensei" are 2 popular stories I can think of right now.

You are supposed to feel empathy or sympathy to the MC because he was pathetic, and now suddenly he gets a 2nd chance at life. This type of story is aimed at those who are feeling particularly down and/or can understand the MC's pain, and it uses that to connect the readers with the story. If it doesn't feel right for you, maybe you don't get the MC's pain, and that's fine.

If this is not your cup of tea you can simply walk away, no one is forcing you to read or feel anything for the story bruh.
Well, I do not simply walk away from comments who are telling me about this stuff as that'll seem ignorant for not responding back or me simply not wanting to interact; and I do not live under a rock, I've been reading mangas since 2016 and my favorite manga is a reincarnation manga and I commented over 400+ times so I don't know how you can say that even though I've been on MD longer than you. I've only seen this trope once EVER on my time here in the gender bend section for the past years. I do not feel empathy or sympathy for manga character's who suddenly reincarnate into amazing actors and younger at that most too, it doesn't feel right for a manga trope for me since he was a loser and suddenly amazing when younger. That's just a bullshit thing to me.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I do not simply walk away from comments who are telling me about this stuff as that'll seem ignorant for not responding back or me simply not wanting to interact; and I do not live under a rock, I've been reading mangas since 2016 and my favorite manga is a reincarnation manga and I commented over 400+ times so I don't know how you can say that even though I've been on MD longer than you. I've only seen this trope once EVER on my time here in the gender bend section for the past years. I do not feel empathy or sympathy for manga character's who suddenly reincarnate into amazing actors and younger at that most too, it doesn't feel right for a manga trope for me since he was a loser and suddenly amazing when younger. That's just a bullshit thing to me.
you're surprisingly sensitive lol. Here's a little fact: I have read manga since I was 6, and now I'm mid 20s. I've read manga since before mangadex was even a thing.

Also, "Mushoku Tensei" was very popular back around 2012~2015, basically before you even read manga, so I can understand you not knowing about the LN. However, the anime adaption of it has been ridiculously popular since 2021 till now (with a 8.38 on Myanimelist wtf?).

"Break through the heavens/Battle through the heavens" is a very well-known series, with the LN started back in 2009 and ended in 2011, and it is still very popular now, with an animation adaption in 2018.

You not knowing or even heard of those two stories and lack of knowledge about the "loser turns heroes" trope does show that you are rather... slow and doesn't read much.

Anw, like I've said, if the trope doesn't speak to you then that's fine, it's just not your cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread