Otaku ni Yasashii Gal wa Inai!? - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Otaku & Gyaru & Limited Ed. Figure

Contributor
I'd like to see more of these otaku gyaru beating the stereotype and be openly otaku, but alas, that is not the case here. Also, these gals dodged a bullet leaving that mixer disguised as a friendly karaoke session. Bunch of fuckboys showed up, they hightailed it.

Regarding the symbol on pg. 4, it's called a "Manji" and IIRC this is commonly used on maps to mark Buddhist temples.

Power Uploader
I'd like to see more of these otaku gyaru beating the stereotype and be openly otaku, but alas, that is not the case here. Also, these gals dodged a bullet leaving that mixer disguised as a friendly karaoke session. Bunch of fuckboys showed up, they hightailed it.

Regarding the symbol on pg. 4, it's called a "Manji" and IIRC this is commonly used on maps to mark Buddhist temples.
"manji" is Japanese. "sauwastika" is English (via Sanskrit).

Dex-chan lover
What a lot of people don't realise is the reason WHY the nazi's adopted that symbol - it was already immensely popular in Europe, particularly during WWI. It was often put on planes, on helmets, on uniforms as badges etc, which is likely where Hitler got acquainted with it (he was a soldier in WWI).
To the Europeans, it was a symbol of good luck and victory, and perhaps because of it's strong usage during WWI (and because the Nazi party wanted to 'right the wrongs' of WWI) the Nazis adapted it as a symbol for their party.

So I wouldn't say the Nazi's appropriated the symbol necessarily, since it's a symbol found all over the world - they just made it toxic to a large swath of the world, which makes ignorant people wig out in certain foreign countries (sort of like how you see americans freak out about the old religious europeans who dress in white robes with white hoods, because certainly only americans (and racist ones at that) would ever think of such a unique clothing scheme right?).

Dex-chan lover
I often forget that people see a manji as a swastika lol. I've been too deep into Japanese culture that swastikas don't even cross my mind when I see it. Also, a swastika is not a hateful symbol.

Dex-chan lover
Man I know the feeling of not being able to get what you wanted out of a random prize box, and even more so seeing someone else who doesn’t know or care as much about it as you do, get the secret rare prize… Glad Amane got what she wanted though, at least someone is happy, though Otaku-Kun isn’t unhappy, he’s most certainly jealous.

Those two dodged a bullet with that mixer didn’t they? Glad to see they can tell the signs of trouble before it becomes one, they just hightailed it out of there and did something they actually wanted to do. And they met Otaku-kun while there too, so they’re double happy. I mean if they didn’t care about him, why would the two of them grab his bag to stop him from leaving? Can’t blame that on your little sister now can you? I mean you could reason it as needing help because he knows more about it than you do, but that’s grasping at straws!

Dex-chan lover
The happiness of Otaku is when you have those who you can be happy to share what you have in common. I am really jealous here 😿

Dex-chan lover
You'd think an otaku would know how to lock his phone. Lucky for him, he didn't, though, because he got the pair photo of himself with the manji gal.
You'd also think he wouldn't upload a bunch of pictures to a social media website if he has no plans on showing them to anybody.

Users who are viewing this thread