Other Than My Friend's Sister, Something Else - Ch. 9

Group Leader
You are jumping to conclusion a bit too quick there.
She's literally talking about how she has to act cute to play into Seula's preferences and how "she won't let this end here" because "they're at the good part". Her priority is sex with Seula, regardless of Seula's own feelings on her matter. All of this tracks from her previous behaviour as she has been trying to make Seula do her bidding, starting with blackmail.

Dex-chan lover
She's literally talking about how she has to act cute to play into Seula's preferences and how "she won't let this end here" because "they're at the good part". Her priority is sex with Seula, regardless of Seula's own feelings on her matter. All of this tracks from her previous behaviour as she has been trying to make Seula do her bidding, starting with blackmail.
yeah with this chapter even i have to admit she does come off as a shitbag, like i get it she likes her? based on the flashback, but her attitude is kinda garbo >.>

AND LOOK AT THIS! issues from the past crop up like a stuffed skeleton in the closet !! XD

Dex-chan lover
Well I agree on that, but honestly I don't feel like Seula is much better. Like, she is too much of a doormat. Blackmail is bad, but if she could stand up for herself, nothing of this could have happened. Of course Seula wouldn't know, but it's not like Daeun would actually use it.

And later with her dishonesty and indecisive. Yep, can't side with anyone here.

Also I don't feel like her priority is sex. Guess you got it from the "if I didn't hold back?". Because to me it's like Daeun actually want a proper relationship with Seula, for her to like her back, based on later chapter. But well, like I said above, it's all falling apart because of that.

At this point, feel like the best for them both is stopping seeing each other for a while, which looks like it's about to happen.

Compare to their previous works, author actually manages to make both lead unlikeable, at least to me, it's pretty impressive.

Last edited:
I guess it's time for another bout of misunderstandings and maybe even ntr :facepalm:

Group Leader
Well I agree on that, but honestly I don't feel like Seula is much better. Like, she is too much of a doormat. Blackmail is bad, but if she could stand up for herself, nothing of this could have happened. Of course Seula wouldn't know, but it's not like Daeun would actually use it.
I don't think Seula is without fault in this story, she needs to do some serious introspection, but I can't agree with her being no better. Firstly, Seula is not manipulating someone, she's the one being manipulated. Second, it's easy for us readers to see that Daun was bluffing about blackmail but Seula doesn't know any of that; plus, while being blackmailed, I'm sure not a lot of people have the presence of mind to calmly analyse how they're being blackmailed, instead being thrown into anxiety.
Ultimately Daun doesn't care much whether Seula wants to be with her and if she feels safe, she just wants to keep her.

Dex-chan lover
I don’t think it’s a question she’s gone about things a messed up way, but somewhere between having that first innocent crush in middle school and now she learned a few behaviors that is likely contributing to her being this comfortably duplicitous. And chances are it’s related to that new woman.

Dex-chan lover
That Nuri bitch seems like bad news.
Also, gotta appreciate Damn effort to woo her long loved crush.
Thanks for the chapter!

Some folks bashing Daun really need to touch grass. Seula has shown that she is more than capable of standing up to her, even as recently as in the two last chapters. Hell, she even assaulted the girl to get her point across. Seula's discomfort and hesitance is partly because she is slowly becoming aware of her awakened feelings for someone other than Areum. And quite frankly, Duan is doing her a favor by being assertive and moving things forward, which will push her away from her tunnel focused obsession with Areum. Daun has treated her with nothing but respect and consideration, even though Seula was the one who inappropriately (might I add) put the moves on her first. Also, we haven't seen anything to show that Seula's love for Areum is anything other than unrequited and unjustified (the finance and his interactions with Areum have not been shown to speak of any mistreatment, which would help to justify Seula's claim that she can do better than him.) Only time will tell, but so far, I'm rooting for Daun and hoping that she can seal the deal, although their journey will get much worse before it gets better.

Users who are viewing this thread