Otome Danshi ni Koisuru Otome - Vol. 3 Ch. 333 - In Order to Be Myself

Fed-Kun's army
@ChristineGuinn
They aren't the same thing at all.
Transgenders identify as the other sex. Transsexuals go further and take hormones and surgery.

Dex-chan lover
@ChristineGuinn you got it wrong...? TG is for mental capacity while TS is for altering the biological makeup like adjusting or modifying the bodily hormones or sex organs

Group Leader
@Umesan well no, the usage of TS is now out of favour in most trans communities (at least where I'm from, maybe it's different in other countries?). It's just a very old fashioned word now.

Also, why do we need to turn these discussions into a shit fest every single fucking time. @mikegnesium do you mind just not starting shit up please?

Fed-Kun's army
To everyone saying that I’ve got it wrong, YOU’RE wrong! I think I know a LITTLE bit more about the subject, since I AM transgender. Medical intervention in the form of hormones and surgery is NOT required! That’s WHY the term “transsexual” is considered outdated.

I am still pleasantly surprised, though, as @scytherman pointed out, I probably should have seen it coming.
As for this comment section... I'm glad some people have the patience to engage with hateful individuals. Me, I'll just block. Don't need this in my life.

Dex-chan lover
am i the only person that not suprise... because....

This is a fucking gender bender manga.

and i kind a expect next chapter.. will be calling that a joke... but i just assume that... because if it really happen.. i am not gonna surprise.

Also, why do we need to turn these discussions into a shit fest every single fucking time. @ me do you mind just not starting shit up please
No comment, miss(ter) walking double standard cognitive blind spot.

hateful individuals
Uh-huh. You proggies always resort to cheapening those grand, powerful words when met with something outside of your computation zone. Always two - three steps away from branding someone a nazi on that interaction's semantic tree. What a dull, binary, black and white world you must be living in.

Dex-chan lover
So, we got the first trans character in the manga? Cool! Not cool like "OMG A TRANS CHARACTER BEST MANGA EVER!§§!§3". Just "cool, it's nice to see this subject in a nice manga". The author seems to be a pretty open minded person, so I think the subject won't be treated badly. After all, as he/she say, it's a manga about stereotype and people who don't comply to them.

That aside, there will always be people yelling about this subject or crying "SJW! TUMBLERINA!" or "TRANSPHOBE! DISCRIMINATION!". We can't do anything against that. But, what we can do is trying to talk in a calm an mature way about it. After all, everyone does whatever he want if it doesn't hurt someone else, right? It's not wrong, right?

In short, let's not have a shitstorm in the comment, okay? It's a nice manga (not perfect but nice) and it's trying to talk about a subject which is not good or bad. So let's just see how it will plays out, ok?

Fed-Kun's army
@Askun
This is a fucking gender bender manga.
Since when has this manga involved character's transforming from one gender to the other? This isn't Ranma 1/2 this is a manga about one of the MCs being a crossdresser. Unless you're so stupid you're conflating crossdressing with gender bend.
@ChristineGuinn
I'm a transsexual and yes the established reason for there being two different terms is because all transexual people are transgender but not all transgender people are transexual. The term changed because modern definition moved from "I was born a boy and I'm actually a girl" to include "I was born a girl but I'm actually demigender". The word changing because transexuals want to change their sex while transgenders just care about their gender roles.

Dex-chan lover
WAH WAH IF A TRANS PERSON EXISTS IT’S SJW SHIT

ANIME FANS RISE UP

Power Uploader
@Narehate

Rise up!
When you're living on your knees, you rise up
Tell your brother that he's gotta rise up
Tell your sister that she's gotta rise up

Dex-chan lover
@Chrona i'm sorry... what i mean is... I fu*king Manga with a gender bender tag..

Crossdressing is count to right.... except you want to add a new tag... CrossDressing Tag.

and obviously... if you see that tag in some manga... don't be suprise if at some point there's a plot about trans sexual...

Understanding and accepting are two different things. I wouldnt give up being a father to turn into a woman who cant be a (biological) mother either. So i cant understand transgenders but i can accept them as human beings.

Fed-Kun's army
@Askun
Are you seriously accusing someone of being surprsied about their being transexuals in this manga who later states in their own post they're a transexual? And thanks for telling me this is incorrectly tagged, I don't see anyway to edit it since this manga has nothing to do with gender bending unless the definition of that tagged has changed drastically since last I saw it.

Edit: having dug through the forums this exact same argument came up because gender bending is considered a completely different tag, or, at the very least, crossdressing to be a more specific version of the other deserving a different tag by some users. Apparently people are too dumb to parse out the difference between cross dressing and gender bending but here we are.

Power Uploader
@Chrona Hi, I'm the translator, to be honest I've been trying to get the Gender Bender tag removed from a lot of manga I do that is just crossdressing and not body/gender swapping. However, most manga aggregators use the GB tag as a whole compendium of all these themes alike, so I don't think you can do anything to get it off unless the mangadex devs separate the tags properly.
As for the rest of your comment, please stay civil. It's just a manga and we all are enjoying it.

Contributor
@kurisu

Wouldn't this be considered GB due to the fact...
that Yuuki dresses and acts like a girl almost full time, and has since they were a kid? The whole focus of this manga is messing with gender norms so technically isn't this one a genderbender?

Users who are viewing this thread