Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... Zettai Zetsumei! Hametsu Sunzen Hen

@jeff_chef I still feel that the past bullying and abuse was brushed off too easily. Moreover, I'm confused why she had almost a 180 turn in her personality. It's not like when you get amnesia, your personality completely flips (though this may not be the case for Bakarina, I've read way too many otome isekais where the 'villainess' becomes a saint after retaining past memories).
I think for the most part though, you're correct and that Bakarina's airheaded-ness gets in the way, so she doesn't know how to make it up with Keith

@06790679 I see, I see. Nods sagely. I think I get what you're talking about here. Most people won't just forgive someone for doing something unforgivable, because it's unforgivable. It's like forgiving a rapist because then are sorry and want to atone for their crimes. But, if you could see that this person truly understood the severity of their crimes band sincerely wanted to just let everyone know that they made a serious mistake, people would definitely think better about that person. To help you understand, instead of Katarina getting the memories, it's the opposite. This is because if you have knowledge, it doesn't necessarily mean you can fully comprehend it. If Katarina gained the memories from the other person, then the situation would be different because all she gained was the relevant knowledge on why it was wrong, but would still have to face a lot of mental barriers to fully understand and face her wrongdoings. That's not the case. The MC isekais into Katarina, which means when gaining the real Katarina's memories, she would fully comprehend why her previous body's owners actions were wrong, as she had virtually no mental obstacles to face. Moreover, the MC has more knowledge than others because she played the otome game in her past life, further supporting her thoughts that what her previous body's owner did was wrong, and under the assumption that she would have a terrible ending, proactively try to find a way out. Because of the fact that deep in their minds, people around Katarina are starting to believe she has truly changed and really wants to apologise and do her best to make up with her wrongdoings, combined with her natrual likeableness, the image they have of Katarina change and they become more willing to forgive. 😁

Double-page supporter
I have been thinking but what if everyone put together a condemnation arc to pull a prank on Bakarina?

It's very annoying how every scanlation team seems to have their own personal translation for Gerald's name, which they have carved into the side of a hill they will happily die on. Come on now, all the other main cast members have totally normal names and no issues, but poor Gerald gets called GEORDO?

So good! Thank you for translating! I really love this alternate story! :D. I love the main one a lot, but this alternate universe really scratches my itch for a villainess that redeems herself for her wrongdoings.

Dex-chan lover
@Umeyashi
it's an alt spin off.
The original got novels whereas this one just got a manga. The other one is restricted to fit within the canon of the novels.
Though I feel this one is a better story. The MC in this one is building friends and relationships while the original is building up a sitcom harem with a heavier emphasis on comedy.

Just look at as the author's revised version of the original tale... that novel was completed for awhile now.
So perhaps the author wanted to see if they could write a more focused story than the original was? Perhaps you could consider this alternative canon.

Fed-Kun's army
While I do like it better than the original, I am disappointed that it doesn't focus enough on the side characters. It showed promise at the beginning by focusing on the non-main characters from the original series. I thought we would get something completely different. But in the end, it still gravitated toward the original characters in the series, and that was kind of disappointing.

The best chapter so far was the one that was focused on Sienna. Why? Because we didn't know about her and it was something fresh and new. But when it goes back to the original characters, its like... who cares? We already read the first series, we already know the characters. So unless things don't happen as expected, there is no need for a re-tread.

Well, if its your first time reading this, then it's fine. But if it isn't, like 99% of the readers, it just feels like you are reading the original version again.

It would also be nice if she wasn't as stupid as the one in the original series. She lived 15 years as Katerina, which is about as long as her japanese memories, so in that regard, her personality should really be a half original katerina and half her japanese self.

I can't see the point of make an all alternative version of Bakarina when everything is going to be basically the same. Come on!

I recognize that this version has a harem a bit less annoying: no thirsty obsession by Hunt, no incestous desires by Keith, no Alan nor Nicol at all, more predominance of Geordo.

But all the gags and mentality of Claes is the same. And she is still playing the "game" in the easy mode.

The world there could be a bit more cruel to her after she being a trash almost all her life. People are just acepting her too easily.

I really like sienna

and I think this series would be enjoyable if you invested in the main series or else you would think its repetitive/boring

Is there any sequel for this? I really want to read when Catarina fall in love with OTHER than Geordo. That teacher sure have potential as love rival for Geordo. Aah.. I really want to read more.

Users who are viewing this thread