Otome Kaijuu Caramelize - Vol. 3 Ch. 16.5 - Afterword

Power Uploader
And instead of the axe, Aoki Spica now has four volumes for this series, and an overseas release in English.

Glad its working out for her, because this series is amazing.

Group Leader
@useruser https://twitter.com/nakiringo (their handle is in the Tweet on page 2)

Edit: The post in question is currently their pinned tweet

Dex-chan lover
one of the few good things about twitter, good for the author...one thing doe

can u fucking imagine an isekai where the cheat skill of the MC is turning into fucking godzilla?! we would get so many kaiju battles, like against a fucking giant behemoth, or an ancient dragon, or like a whole fucking pack of cerberus?! and everyone would be like ''ey thats the SSS-EX Rank monster that fights for humanity for some fucking reason!''

i would pay to read that, that and a story where the cheat power is just the Inventory, but taken to the absolute limit, like:

> being able to store anything and i mean anything
> fireball? np, just put it in ur inventory where u can keep it there or send it back
> a disease? np, just put the virus inside the inventory and bam perfectly healed
> the floor directly below your enemy? np, save that shit by capes and send his ass to the center of the earth
> how about automatic storage? anything other than your clothes gets stored instantly
> fuck it! make it so it can store living beings too! then u can pick up a monster, and a bunch of the floor and just stack that shit like a minecraft tower and then release the monster at the edge, sending it straight to its dead
> or extra mcfuckit and have infinite range on the location of the things u pull out, store a wolf and take it out straight into the stratosphere!

man that would be so fucking broken...

Dex-chan lover
That poor author, lol. I actually went "Oh boy..." when I saw him/her mentioning "writing an isekai". yipe.

@Hollow7F
Yes, it would be broken. Which is why it would also make for a very bad story.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist hey they made an isekai where the main thing is that the dude is naked 24/7 for no reason, we can deal with another trash isekai, i just want an all powerful inventory, hell if they make it an edgy story it could be used fucking butally, like storing the organs of someone or some shit, or they can go iwth the regular ''normal'' dude, and make it a saitama kinda story, or like that dude who can kill anything by saying ''Die'', the concept is broken as fuck but it can work

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F
Sure, it can be, but like a lot of trash isekai -- the story prompt is literally all that there is going for it. Which is why most of these stories fall apart by the 5th~10th chapter.
The funny thing about isekai, is that I feel like the only thing that really keeps them above water, is the art. But in that case, honestly, the artist can just draw w/e cool action scenes they want for themselves, without any dialogue, and it'd be amazing.
Good art is good art.
But, anyway, I guess nothing stops you from trying posting that on RoyalRoad?

P.S: I just remembered that this actually exists.
You should like that one, but do notice how much work was put into the setting, in comparison to the power.

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F

Ultraman isekai exist, you just need to search for it...

for the inventory, there's a few too, one that's kinda good is not isekai but post apocalyptic guy doing whatever he want or something... i remember he got a shiba inu and slime too as companion... another stupid isekai one is minecraft cheat I think....

there's already tons of isekai, not counting fan fic and stuffs.............. literally don't know what to say anymore...

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist true, hell sometimes some mangas lose the thing that made them unique before they reach ch 20 and then they turn into a regular ass manga...umh in that case i would like a oneshot, like just give me 50 pages of nice art and have the mangaka understand that an absolute true inventory would be too broken to function in a regular manga so they can build on that, like making the mc tired of his power solving everything so easily, or ppl isolating him coz honestly how could u deal with him? if he wanted he could destroy everything by just taking them in, i still think that a lot of things can be made with the premise if its in the hands of someone that can truly built on it, coz i fucking cant but i'll like to see someone else trying

but i still would pay money to read isekai manga with kaijus, we can never have enough kaijus in manga

@no168_92 yep im reading those 2 too, the dude with the dog uses the inventory well but its not an all powerful inventory, and the minecraft one is stupid fun honestly

Dex-chan lover
@Hollow7F @Solipsist
IIRC there's an isekai manga like that, dude basically solve the problem by store it in his storage tho he does have other powers and I think he only did that 1 or 2 times
I forgot the title tho

Dex-chan lover
Congratulation for Aoki Spika who make breakthrough. Just one step closer to anime as long as the story progress is consistently good.

Since this is freshly baked concept, this might become new trend if the anime goes high view despite the demographic is shoujo

Users who are viewing this thread