Otome no Teikoku - Vol. 16 Ch. 228 - Ichinose Mio’s decision

Dex-chan lover
Yeah cause it's that easy to break off with someone when you has a long and toxic relationship, even more when she is YOUR LITERAL CLASSMATE and so you see her everyday. My god, some peoples here don't think that much didn't they ? She is literally trying her best to get over the relation but it's easier said than done. Wish some here experience the same to see if it's easy to cast aside such a relation.

Double-page supporter
Yup, still don't like her, still her whole shit feels insencere and would just be better to break up with Mio instead of making her go through this shit smh. Would be a million times better to get Haruka and Kanae back imo smh.

Still, thanks as always chad <3

Still, fuck Shizuka smh

Dex-chan lover
@Xari I'm not agree, she is very sincere but it's hard when her precedent relation was that intense and toxic, remember that Kaoru even goes to the point of starvation just to keep Shizuku at her side, which she manage. That Shizuku gullible as if Shizuku leave her side again, Kaoru will do it again so even if she had Mio, seeing Kaoru being serious at chasing someone is still a bit painful. It's also forgetting that ealy on the manga, Kaoru was coming in hard on Shizuku and teasing her and playing with her. I feel like peoples forget that Shizuku has it hard here, she is torn between her current love for love (which is very sincere no matter what peoples said) and her past toxic relation with Kaoru, who is VERY hard to break off when she had so see Kaoru at school everyday, not to mention they're still friends.
I mean, Mio had already the opportunity to break up after the library incident but decide to trust Shizuku because she believe that SHizuku can change and understand the situation. Shizuku is also very sincere, if she wasn't she wouldn't have cry and been so broken after Mio's confrontation and she wouldn't have cut her hair to cut a part of her past. Honestly Shizukuhas suffer a lot through this and some here tend to forget the circumstances just to remember the bad things.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Imagine you're taking train to work on a tuesday morning and then this shit happens right next to you

Get a fucking room (A HOTEL ROOM)

Dex-chan lover
I really do feel bad for Mio... The person she loves is a fucking wreck, and a cunt.
Thanks for the chapter
(also I fucking lost it when Mio said she was her pride... That was waaaayyyy too good)

Looks like Shizuka likes her girls toxic lol
I'm starting to like mio a bit now but still Kaoru is the best ❤

Worst couple. Bleh. zzz chapter, thanks for the scanlation though!

Supporter
I'm just intrigued by how polarizing this couple is, most of you here either love or hate their chapters.

Shizuka is going through difficult times and taking Mio along for a ride on that toxic roller coaster. She knows Mio honestly loves her and she knows she's wronged her - probably feels like she doesn't deserve the chance she's being given here too. I'm just hoping that what she's showing here is real devotion to Mio and not just her desperation pushing her to try and find some comfort, or her guilt trying to excuse her actions to herself by making it up to Mio. I think it's a good sign that she's not lying about not being over Kaoru at least, but only time will tell how serious she is about this.

All in all it's a relationship that's much more difficult and painful than others. I think it's a nice contrast to the fluffier chapters we get, but it's good that it's an exception and not the rule for the series. Thanks for the chapter!

Double-page supporter
@Lilliwyt I feel like my dislike for Shizuka is basically because she does everything that I hate in relationships. It's certainky understandable hor she feels but it's also immature, she should be able to tell Mio that she is not ready to be in a relationship because that most definitely is the case. Sure Kaoru is definitely at fault too, but her lack of firmness hurts everyone around her. It definitely should be noted though that in my way of viewing things, this is a lot easier since I'm ace myself and don't really get interested in love so to me it feels like unnecesary sufferment for everyone, with her having the option to grow out of it but not being capable of doing so is simply frustrating for me to see, especially since love should be something that people should experience possitively instead of, well, this way.

Putting all of that aside, long time no see <3

I really like Mio and Shizuka as a couple, in a literary sense. They both seem like real people navigating a situation that neither have been a part of before. Its painful, it's messy, it's frustrating. But that's why I find it so refreshing.

These, to me, are just girls trying to make the best out of a not-so-ideal relationship, be it for better or for worse. I can relate to both of them so much, especially the flawed parts of their natures.

And I really hope Mio is able to sweep Shizuka off her feet (foot?) finally and open up her heart fully to Mio, even if they break up in the end. Or at least hopefully Shizuka will break free of Kaoru for good. Only time will tell...

@Lilliwyt I did exactly that. Ex-girlfriend from my university course wasn't as invested in the relationship as I was among other toxicthings... Broke up with her and burned the bridge. Ignored her to the end of university. It was hard. i actually liked her, but I you can't really love someone if you don't love yourself first. IT'S HARD, YES. And that's why only those with character have the strenght to walk away. And those with personality and integrity do not get in a relationship while still harborning feelings for other. Unfortunatelly, Shizuka does not fall into this category.

Oh, wow. Mio's as controlling as Kaoru was; she just turns on the waterworks instead of withdrawing. Well, maybe she'll learn to use her powers for good. I get the feeling she'd like to.

Doesn't look good for these two at the moment. Shizuka needs to figure out that she can be honest about her mixed feelings but still act with integrity, and Mio's way too emotionally possessive to help her learn that lesson.

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually warming to this couple more than before. They're both wearing their hearts on their sleeves and stumbling through. It's a bittersweet sincerity that comes across as very teenage and normal.

To everyone who's saying that Mio is as controlling as Kaoru, I would like to remind you that Mio declared her victim that she was going to abduct her 🤣. It's actually as if she was asking for consent 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread