Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - Enrollment

Dex-chan lover
Otherworldly Hero Business and this are similar yet different, and I love it.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually a pretty crafty country, no matter how unrealistic. As soon as the MC was known for his new riches, he was made a baron, which apparently comes with obligations (probably a certain amount of taxes to be paid to the crown). Since he was capable enough to raise himself to such a position, it's better, in the long term, for the country (the royals) to rather bleed him dry slowly than to rob him of his wealth at once. After all, it's reasonable he would continue to enrich himself and his fiefdom, thus producing taxable wealth for a long time. Furthermore, the clique of ruling women obviously is good at arranging awful marriages (for the husband) that ensure no man will become too powerful.

I suppose if the MC resisted too much, he would need to face the country's military might. So, if he wanted to be totally free, he would likely need to ally himself with a foreign power and play his cards extremely wisely not to get backstabbed and of course not to be defeated. Or he could just disappear and live off the grid entirely. However, since he cares for his family so much, neither choice might be possible. Although a simple solution would be to take his brother with him, maybe even the father if the old man wants a break from slavery. All in all he should become more jaded and less caring.

@Kaarme It also forces him to assimilate into the country. It's basically the same as recruiting a talented worker before he gets scouted by another company.

I have to ask tho, which part sounds unrealistic? Just out of pure curiosity.
If it's the matriarchy, I can make some sense of it. In a world where war is constant and men are always on the front lines. It seems reasonable that women who is capable to giving birth thus producing more soldier would rise to power.
You can also think of it like this, if you give keep giving titles to male nobles but they all end up dying how do you maintain royalty? By giving it to their wife, of course. Eventually, they gain more and more power as the war drag on and you end up with scenarios like this. It's unlikely but possible.

But the part where the father has two wives is confusing the crap out of me.

Dex-chan lover
@TomTangent Militaristic nations are always patriarchies because men are better equipped for war. The leaders don't like to get themselves killed, nor do they need to. They just send others to their deaths. Peaceful societies can be matriarchies, however, because women are less likely to resort to a bloodshed, being naturally less equipped for it. It's a different thing if it's a society on a slow brink of death due to warring, leaving more and more roles of all kinds to the women alone to fill. However, the nation in this work clearly isn't such. The women maintain the ultimate power to a very high degree with no explanations given. Maybe if the women had 50% better magic, or something like that, it wouldn't anymore seem strange. However, as it is, the men shouldn't be taking all this shit without a question. At the end of the day, all other sorts of power, wealth, intelligence, influence, etc become meaningless if the other party can simply kill you.

However, none of this would matter at all in a simple dating sim.

Dex-chan lover
He thought he would need to work to make sure the original female MC and the romance targets enjoy their youth for his own sake and the sake of the kingdom. Wouldn't it actually be much better for him if the kingdom totally collapsed? He has his own island he can govern and defend independently due to possessing the AI, robots, and the overpowered ship. Just accept some trustworthy people and commoners in who don't mind forgetting matriarchy. The kingdom is his enemy, more or less.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme Honestly, it might... but he doesn't have enough pull or resources to do that. Also, the chaos is unpredictable. Even if the current world is pretty shit, it is still something that he can predict. If he goes with a plan to sabotage the kingdom he is in, he can't guarantee that he won't become a target for what's left of the kingdom he destroyed and all the other nations in the world.
For a plan to work, you need a powerbase so strong that he can't be a target, or be so cunning no one is able to know he is the one to make that plan.

Dex-chan lover
@Boomburst He can't really predict it presently either. He was betrayed by his own expectations immediately when he was promoted to the baron rank and sent to the advanced class. After finding his fortune and the new island, he had his life planned out, but those plans were destroyed already in square one.

Aside from the real dregs of the society, among the upper hierarchy he's clearly the one with the best chances of actually profiting from a revolution. It's because he's capable of independent defense, has few ties to the kingdom, and, ironically, because his fiefdom (the island) could be considered desolate, not interesting for anyone to invade, especially since invading would be costly. Of course if the new rulers would be communists, then he, and the whole world, would be in the trouble. But if those people aren't around, his risks would be manageable.

Fed-Kun's army
He's an idiot. With his wealth he doesn't need a "wife", and I can almost guarantee that any wife, generated by an isekai otomo game world, would be useless and just a waste of time. If I were him I'd focus on industrializing his island, maybe put a few automated factories around, guarded by the AI drones (With upgraded defences ofcourse)

Double-page supporter
Should really just pack your things and live a life of piracy or something like that.
Also, please shoot both sisters in the head. With a cannon. One of the old ones, if possible.

Fed-Kun's army
I normally like sister characters but man these two really got on my nerve with that short interaction. Entitled bitches.

Aggregator gang
Them sisters need some slap ass to put some respect and decency into them. MC I give a pass to do just that.

I kinda find the whole premise of this manga amusing and highly entertaining, but it does make me think about the way some girls were treated as little more than bargaining chips back in the day..

I'll be following this for sure, hope it stays good.

Users who are viewing this thread