Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 26 - The right way

GHU

fuck uuuuu flamerscans for bringing my hopes up then watching them crash and burn.

Group Leader
I heard through the grape vines that this chapter will be re-released with better translation soon. That and the group has JP -> ENG translator for Otomege now.

what's the deal with manga protagonists in general not wanting to stand out or be important? is this how regular japanese people think? what does that make japanese people that end up being important, like celebrities and ceo's? are they also all just people that want to be 'normal' too, in japan? i doubt that greatly.
why can't we get a protag that WANTS to be a big deal and the story is about him chasing that, getting that, and dealing with all the consequences of that?

Group Leader
@Tokanova
Then shounen jump—where all MCs are orphans who want to be heroes, hokage, or magic emperors—is the right place for you.

Double-page supporter
I'm not sure whether the translator is trolling or just stupid/careless, but there were some obvious pronoun mistakes, such as referring to Brad's wounds as "her wounds" on page 14, or referring to Olivia's emotions as "his emotions" on page 19, and referring to Angelica as "he" on page 23. It's odd because there were other instances of correct pronoun use within the chapter. So it's hard to decide between trolling and stupidity.

Edit: I only, just now, read some of the other posts here and noticed other comments about pronouns. I've realized my own commentary was redundant. I usually (nine times out of ten) do not read other comments before posting my own because it feels like a waste of time to sift through, what are often, dozens of pages of comments.

i don't think its a problem, not big enough to make a comment about it, its not an important issue @Sola

Double-page supporter
@joel7686

Maybe for you it's perfectly acceptable and, in your case, that's fine. But for someone like me, whose native language is English, it's both jarring and odious. It disrupts the flow of reading and, on a more basic level, it upsets me to see my native language mangled.

I would like to read manga translated into English; not manga translated into retarded, pidgin-speak Engrish.

Coming across grammatical errors while reading is akin to admiring the fragrance of a garden while someone sporadically farts in your general vicinity. Sure, you might smell the roses once in a while, but you never know when the next nauseating stench will suddenly and unexpectedly assault your nostrils.

Double-page supporter
I'm with @Joel7686 on this, the translators are doing this for free, and it's not like they're forcing native english translators to not translate it. I'de rather have someone translating it, even if its grammatically incorrect, then no one at all.

Dex-chan lover
This is great.
Unfortunately, his mob-fu is pretty trash, because in what world is he a mob? Man clapped five of the most accomplished same-age people in a row, flew out on a massive airship and subjugated some pirates, and won a million bets and races? Mob-fu? You're telling me this is mob-fu?

@wolfclaw3812 his title or character profile or starting point is mob don't you dare even think what he is doing is the SACRED ART OF MOB-FU. 🤣🤣🤣

@freestyle yeah what tokanova is referring to is not mc types it's antagonist type characters hahahaha well imo I think most of the mc for isekai is looking for "slow life" since its more fun to see the author ruining the mc's plan for that life rather than to see an over trying mc for greatness and author just push that it's not time yet hahahahaha

@Sola so, fix it and send to them in private, if it is bothering you so much, as @fakeirish said, they translated and uploaded it for free, complaining about it helps no one, writing a comment like the one you did right now, saying that just because it have a few mistakes its comparable to a 'fart'.... so disrespectful.
Just be thankful that someone is translating it for free, and as i said, if the mistakes bother you so much, contact them and correct the mistakes yourself, just doing a rude complaining is meaninless.

Double-page supporter
smh at people actually defending this with "it's free"/"do it yourself then". It's worse than accepting to be spoonfed dirt because it's better than starving to death, because unlike then, accepting this horrendous translation down your throat isn't nearly as vital. You're just lowering your standards for the sake of a read and actually getting annoyed that others don't take their hobby as lightly.

This whole Manga had the whole time a no-good translation but this chapter is even much worse than only "bad".
I rather have no translated manga at all, than one which feels like pure garbage. I read comics for entertainment and if the entertainment is gone and all that is left is frustration, than somebody have stolen my time and my nerves.
To the defense of the Scanlation Group I assume that the author himself wrote some stupid text (on top of bad translation), but that I don't know for sure.

Pretty, pretty please, get some proof reader worth the title.

Users who are viewing this thread