Otomege Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 26 - The right way

Dex-chan lover
Bitch what you want? Tell him what you want to do, then it's all solved. Some "main character" she is.

Double Promotion? Leon isnt very well versed in the art of *ahem* Mob Fu apparently

Double-page supporter
I do appreciate that a new group has picked up the series, but this seriously needed to get a proofreading. It is very obvious that whoever translated this doesn't know which pronouns are supposed to be used to refer to a person that is being mentioned, and it breaks immersion when I see Livia is referred to as a "him" and Brad is referred to as "her". And if this chapter did have a proofreader and gave this a thumbs up, I would have said for them to give it another twice over because it is always the minor details that drag down a story.

Fed-Kun's army
Tumblr-esque machine translations strike again, She's a he and in the next chapter he will be a Xe or Xir or the other made up religions from the alphabet mafia.

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see this is still going

@Terithian
if you check out the translator's page they usually translate in spanish, so I'll assume english is a second language if it isn't outright machine translation.
the main problem seems to be pronouns, aside from some iffy sentence structure.
if you consider a mix between the fact that Japanese doesn't tend to use gendered pronouns (while changing words based on the speaker's gender), and English' lack of gendered nouns, there's some understandable confusion of who is referring to what, and which of those takes priority in terms of gender.

Group Leader
This chapter needs editing badly. It felt like the translator just dropped the text into Google Translate, and typeset whatever was spat out. Pronouns are all over the place, and half the sentences don't make sense with relation to each other.

Then again, considering the "quality" of the light novel translation before it was taken down, that might be fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread