Otona no Bouguya-san

From the first half a dozen chapters this manga seems to be your typical fan service fluffy. Light on plot and character development the focus is more on simple gags and skimpy outfits. This isn't to say that the manga bad, in fact I find it kind of cute and silly. So I guess this is more of a heads up for folks. If you are looking for silly fan services this doesn't seem like a bad choice however if you want something with a bit more plot and character development you're better off looking some where else.

Dex-chan lover
The concept for the store's novel at least, so I find this interesting enough to follow. Plus, the translation seems good and the story's not too heavy, so it's easy to just browse mindlessly while doing something else.

https://mangadex.org/images/manga/23744.jpg?1520338293
This cover is gonna bother me so much
Why is her left eye so weird looking

Dex-chan lover
Probably too late to be asking this at the end of the season but why is this in the featured titles? Aren't featured titles for mangas whose anime is airing?

Dex-chan lover
@DANDAN_THE_DANDAN, because the anime was airing previously.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/38395/Otona_no_Bouguya-san?q=Otona%20no%20Bouguya-san

I couldn’t even finish the first chapter the MC is so annoying.
Who gets a job based on THAT first impression? Sorry but IMO this story ended less than 2 minutes after he walked in the door, got preachy, and got thrown out.
8000 readers, 280 have voted it at a 7 rating so perhaps I’m in the minority on this one?

Dex-chan lover
@Rannilas
Personally, I found the story to be so dull that I couldn't even notice the MC got preachy. I waited for any form of "point" to present itself, and all I saw was a tired riff on fantasy armors.
And apparently, that's the entire point of this thing...So, yeah. I can't even say the MC is annoying. The whole premise of the story is just boring.

Dex-chan lover
it has been a long time since a typeset made me give up on a manga 😅

oh, i was gonna ask what's wrong and I'll try to do it better . *phew*

The whole armor shop idea had great potential.

But it's ruined by the main characters having broken flaws that can't make them likeable.

Mc is a loser who cant remotely think of/interact with women without bleeding.

Shopkeep doesnt even know 101 eco of sell above cost. Also overly fetishistic.

I forgot the girl's gimmick but she's probably a forgettable klutz.

What a pity, the shopkeep idea and the slightly sexy clothing in a light fanservice way had potential.

The characters seem reliable outside their gimmick flaws but those flaws are just so unenjoyable to read. Unsubscribed.

Aggregator gang
4 months since the last update. Did they drop this? Is it okay to pick this up now?

Users who are viewing this thread