Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsu no Ma ni ka Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken - Ch. 16.3

Dex-chan lover
Hahaha yup, I know exactly what you mean. I feel as though Yen Press translates Saeki-san's afterwords while mistakingly assuming that she's a guy. The kind of vibes the afterwords give off in Japanese makes it much more obvious compared to English, although in the fan translations I tried to keep the same energy.

Huh. I see. I haven't read your fan TL yet (on my list, sorry!) and only have read the WN (by Ping) and the official TL, but the official TL makes it feel like Saeki-san afterword is written by a guy.

...ah, also I assume that 'Narou' in her Twitter handle is a guy's name... I guess it's a Japanese term for something else?

But yeah, that explains everything. The exposition is quite different compared to the one written by a guy. I can't explain it properly, but there is a difference in her prose when she explains things vs when a guy explains things. I also love how it shows (some of them implicitly, granted) how a girl wants to be treated. In most romcom LN that I've read, they only focus on what the guy wants or what a guy thinks a girl wants.

If you are at all familiar with Japanese and have read her tweets, it's very obvious that she is a woman too. She once tweeted that she was surprised that many people assumed her to be a man.

Interesting, I can't read Japanese so I only use MTL to read her tweet, and I can't differentiate. TIL.

Fun Fact: Hanekoto is also a woman

:aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
this is just one of the most naturally feeling, well paced romance series out there. such a joy to read, i'm always anticipating the next chapter release.

thanks for scanlation, very smooth to read with you guys.
Theres Chokki-chan with the going home club that also has a really organic feel to it. The fmc is a weirdo but you can see how her caring about a kouhai keeps growing into more affection and something deeper.

Not many women would calmly let you get her jacket dirty with snot and drool and still pick you up the next day lol
Edit: title Houkago Kitaku Biyori

Dex-chan lover
Lets be honest, the only thing anime has as a plus when compared are the seiyuu. Which is to be expected
I couldn't even begin to summarise how much you're missing by just watching the 'anime' (or the powerpoint presentation, as I like to call it).

Supporter
Huh. I see. I haven't read your fan TL yet (on my list, sorry!) and only have read the WN (by Ping) and the official TL, but the official TL makes it feel like Saeki-san afterword is written by a guy.

...ah, also I assume that 'Narou' in her Twitter handle is a guy's name... I guess it's a Japanese term for something else?

But yeah, that explains everything. The exposition is quite different compared to the one written by a guy. I can't explain it properly, but there is a difference in her prose when she explains things vs when a guy explains things. I also love how it shows (some of them implicitly, granted) how a girl wants to be treated. In most romcom LN that I've read, they only focus on what the guy wants or what a guy thinks a girl wants.

Interesting, I can't read Japanese so I only use MTL to read her tweet, and I can't differentiate. TIL.

:aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink::aquadrink:
I can only assume that the "narou" in her name comes from "Shousetsuka ni Narou" (Let's become a novelist) the website used to publish the WN. It's also worth noting that the official translation has hundreds of translation mistakes and has left many bonus chapters untranslated (nearly 3 volumes worth of content, some of which is being adapted into the Spin-off Manga: After the Rain)

Dex-chan lover
Theres Chokki-chan with the going home club that also has a really organic feel to it. The fmc is a weirdo but you can see how her caring about a kouhai keeps growing into more affection and something deeper.

Not many women would calmly let you get her jacket dirty with snot and drool and still pick you up the next day lol
Edit: title Houkago Kitaku Biyori
i'm reading that one already :D same for nekozane-san (done by same scan team)

my two other contenders for best romance series pacing are yancha gal no anjou-san and boku no kokoro no yabai yatsu

Dex-chan lover
I would have appreciated an nsfw warning. I panicked as soon as I saw that uncensored hand-holding that occupied half the page.

sergeant-schultz-see-nothing-hear-nothing-know-nothing.gif

Dex-chan lover
"I know nothing" just screams GUILTY, especially to best friends.

Dex-chan lover
i'm reading that one already :D same for nekozane-san (done by same scan team)

my two other contenders for best romance series pacing are yancha gal no anjou-san and boku no kokoro no yabai yatsu
I see youve got excellent taste lol.:thumbsup:

I'd vote for boku no kokoro yabai yatsu. Its one of those exceedingly rare romance where the main couple not only compliments each other in spite of their glaring differences, but is also very believable. Also cause I adore yandere Yamada when she gets jealous.

Users who are viewing this thread