Otonari Voice Chat - Vol. 3 Ch. 18

Double-page supporter
well, if it were me I'm probably busy making a battering ram XD

Supporter
Hahaha, you went wild this time with the notes, but i like it. Makes me feel like you really care about your translation and about us readers. :D

Group Leader
@LordZero
Yeah, maybe a little too much, and now that I read this for a few times, it's kinda distracting... But I think I'd rather do that, because if I put the explanations in a separate page, usually there won't be much people who will read and try to understand them... The notes are really there to explain something that I think, normal people wouldn't understand. Plus, in the past some have messaged me about the notes and how they liked the explanations. Hahaha, I'll continue this way, but maybe not as wild, as you've mentioned.

Thank you for the opinion :DD
It made me laugh and kinda make my day.

Dex-chan lover
That was a long chapter.
I wanted to ask, what are those symbols on top of his parent's head? page 3
It looks really weird.
Also, I think we are missing some text on the first panel of page 6

Group Leader
@Hacete
Oh dang it, forgot about that.
it's 父 and 母, which means father and mother.
I'll fix it asap in few minutes (the page 3 and 6)!!
Thank you for the mention.

Edit:
It's fixed now! I hope 5 minutes isn't too long haha. Thank you so much!!! :DDDDDD

Dex-chan lover
@211ritsuki That was fast!
Doing that much in under 10 minutes. One of the fastest hand on this planet XD
Also, thanks for the info too.
We will be looking forward to more of your translations!

Group Leader
@Hacete
Well, it's just little mistakes, it should be okay-ish time? Haha.
Actually I'm not fast, it's just I'm trying to do whatever I can do today, so I can sleep (it's pretty late here).
Also I just found a mistake on page 28 too, just fixed it and updated it.
Thank you so much~ (*´ω`*)
'nite!

Supporter
@211ritsuki don't worry that you have many TL notes. It's fun for me personally, and felt like there's someone sharing their thoughts about the manga together. I especially like the end credit page and your "sneak peak" into the next chapter.

@211ritsuki

I personally don't mind Tl notes, and the ones you have are fun and informative.
If you still have reservations about how you did it, the only thing I can recommend is holding off on pasting images on the manga page and instead have a little image collection at the end, kinda like how you did with the ramen ticket machine. As a bonus, you could see the image better, and get that sweet, sweet, food resolution.
That said, it might be a bit more work, and maybe other readers like how it is now.

All the same, thanks for the TL!

Aggregator gang
This guy dumped a cute girl who has feelings for him for a talking wall...

I'm rooting for the losing heroine again...sigh

Imagine it was a 40 year old guy talking through a translator lol

Supporter
I really like all the effort you go through with the notes. Thank you so much for your hard work.

Supporter
@211Ritsuki

Mmm, don't think making a notes page is a bother for the readers.

There are people that are seriously into those. Nowadays the credits/notes page is part of the special flavor, flair of the translator. Most followers likes them.

Either that being jokes, trivia or citations.

I tend to find lots of jokes in the comments like "i read this manga only for the credits page" hahaha.

I concur that maybe the golden ratio would be to put notes for words or concepts that are required to understand the story and pictures at the end.

The guy that translates Ueno-san always comments on how and why he translated certain terms and what do they mean, sometimes with examples.

If you feel like adding additional info, that's something i'm pretty sure everyone will appreciate a lot.

Group Leader
Chapter updated with grammar corrections (corrections by NaxoBro! Thank you so much)!! Updated at15:15 JST !

@pkbui
Noted :DD Thanks!!!!

@LaxAlias
Hmm that does make sense to me... Maybe I can just do that next time... the explanations in the empty spot, and the images on separate page... or maybe put small pictures there and the bigger one at a separate page!? Meh, I'll think about this and try to make a compromise to make the reading experience better. Thank you!!! :DD

@LordZero
Hmmm I guess so... Maybe I'll put a shorter explanation on the actual page, and the fuller explanations with big photos at another page. As I've said to LaxAlias above, I'll take note of the suggestions and will think of a way to compromise both and make the reading experience better for the readers. Really, thank you a lot! :DD

Users who are viewing this thread