Otoyomegatari - Ch. 111 - Ali of Tabriz

Fed-Kun's army
thank you for the updates! This manga is so cozy to read And it’s interesting to see how they live.

Dex-chan lover
Now the english translation is up to date.

Mori skipped a chapter to publish her anual oneshot, go read it.
Next edition of the magazine will have a new chapter.
So when is the release date of the next Aokishi issue? It's bimonthly/every two months, right?

Dex-chan lover
1st pages :
isnt this the same plot as the 2nd arc of the manga Embalming -The Another Tale of Frankenstein- ?

you guys can read chapter 5.5 , 6 , 7 , ... of that manga , and you will see :

* a rich noble glassed guy wants to marry a girl .

* but his family doesnt allow him to do it .

* so he and that girl goes to gretna green , a town in scotland , to marry legally : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gretna_Green

page 8 :
after they know that now alibaba is rich , the male gold-diggers and female gold-diggers start praising him , and swarming all over him like flies , including his big brother , lol .

page 13 :
  • big brother : ... you can choose a girl with a pretty face , or a big butt ...
  • random girl : excuse me ? are you saying that i have an ugly face and a small butt ? im your wife . or maybe im your sister .

Dex-chan lover
He was Smith's guide, very resourceful and the silent type/keen observer as depicted in this chapter as well, overall a very cool and genuine guy, I'm happy we're focusing a bit on him now
Ah, now I remember him and his constant 'tired of this bs' face. Thanks!

While I agree on the points made that gold-digging is bad character while looking for financial security for one's household is good character, there's a point to be made on the man's part in this equation as well.

"A man is only worth as much as he earns" can be read two ways: the first is that wealth (or lack thereof) is an indicator of financial utility/security, as many have pointed out; the second is that wealth is an indicator of moral character.

Earning little or worse, having no job, can be an indicator of poor moral character, such as laziness, naivete, or weak will. On the other hand, earning a lot could indicate hard work, resourcefulness, or fortitude.

In the end, these are merely indicators and not proof. Where and how a man's wealth or poverty actually come from one must be determined to figure out if the moral indicators hold weight. Because wealth can be gained through deceitfulness, and poverty by circumstance or generosity.

Edit: clarity

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
While I agree on the points made that gold-digging is bad character while looking for financial security for one's household is good character, there's a point to be made on the man's part in this equation as well.

"A man is only worth as much as he earns" can be read two ways: the first is that wealth (or lack thereof) is an indicator of financial utility/security, as many have pointed out; the second is that wealth is an indicator of moral character.

Earning little or worse, having no job, can be an indicator of poor moral character, such as laziness, naivete, or weak will. On the other hand, earning a lot could indicate hard work, resourcefulness, or fortitude.

In the end, these are merely indicators and not proof. Where and how a man's wealth or poverty actually come from one must be determined to figure out if the moral indicators hold weight. Because wealth can be gained through deceitfulness, and poverty by circumstance or generosity.

Edit: clarity
I just want to say that you made a rather insightful and well-meaning post, and I respect you a lot for it.

Dex-chan lover
I don't know if it's because I'm getting old or that it has been such a long time since I saw Ali that I can't remember who he is, lol.
Nice to get another bride.
I know Mori-sensei loves English culture, but the women she draws from the East are all so beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread