Otoyomegatari - Vol. 12 Ch. 83 - Persian Nights

Dex-chan lover
This is one of the few if not only manga where I make myself read it really slowly and really appreciate every panel of art. It's just so stunning.

Dex-chan lover
@Lilanar

Are they in persia? They hav been travelling from ankara and is going west I believe, so they would be in territory of the ottoman empire. I think its more likely that they are speaking turkic dialects to each other unless farsi in a lingua franca

I think the theme of persia can still exist in turkey singe there was a lot of cultural exchange between the two empires.

Dex-chan lover
The flowers...! We are at peak blossoming. The author feels so excited to get to draw beauties again.

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god. Anis and Shirin are attractive women but put next to Talas it’s really striking. Talas is breathtaking.

Dex-chan lover
I wish we had a chronology.
How much time passed since Karluk and Amira marriage?
One year?
Two years?
How many months since Smith left for Ankara? Will he go back before the locals finish the work on the damages in the village?

@Willieddd
Volume 3.

Dex-chan lover
@Panino
the trail they are on takes about 6 months to walk, if we take into account where smith set off when he started and there are no timeskips, the time frame should be around 2 and a half years.

Dex-chan lover
@justanothermanganerd
Yes. It's hard to read it slowly, and to take in all the artwork. Everything is so beautiful and full of detail. I can hardly imagine even holding those clothing patterns in my head, much less being able to draw them out.

I used to work in an Oriental Rug store in Santa Fe, New Mexico. The woman who ran it was kind of like "Indiana Jones", in that she traveled out into Central Asia and contracted naturally-dyed, handwoven rugs from villages, fronting the money for materials, and then returning long after to pick up their product. She had jewelry that looked exactly like what Amir/Amira wears, of hammered brass with embedded lapis and coral.

I have to go over each panel two or three times, to take it all in.

@Panino Thanks!!! I feel you it's been a while since everything happened. It was the 17th chapter like that's a long time ago

Users who are viewing this thread