Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 89 - Guests -Part 2-

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for the update!

I adore this manga, it's so gorgeous, the characters are so well-designed, and the story captures the atmosphere perfectly. 😘

God I love this manga.

Thank you scanlators and don't worry about being a bit late! The world is extra hectic so its okay. Hope you guys are doing okay!

Fed-Kun's army
That's a bit short. I guess Smith asked to photograph them?

@KairenX
Talas is from Karakalpak (Now western Uzbekistan). The twins are mentioned to be Tajiks so they are now in Tajikistan part of Aral sea coast.

Thank you for this masterpiece...
Didn't sleep for a while reading the whole thing.

Dex-chan lover
@Bootybug Yes. This is set very recently in the 19th century. Frying in oil was already being done in the time of Alexander the Great by people of this region. In fact, the Bactria-Sogdiana kingdoms were major exporters of various types of animal and plant-based oils in the time of the Persian Empire.

Dex-chan lover
page 7: DON'T THROW THE FISH IN THE OIL LIKE THAT YOU IDIOTS!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SHE S HERE
thank you for translating!

Supporter
I'd have thought all the lemon taste would go away if you put it on before frying... Gotta try it this way next time I'm frying fish.

@Aleph0 The taste would definitely remain, and sort be ~imbued~ into the fish. The flour would help "lock in" the flavor, and keep the fish from drying up, keeping it nice and juicy.

Dex-chan lover
@Lisahey @Aleph0

Is lunch time as I write this comment. You guys are evil.

Also gonna try this myself, even if I don't particularly like fish, especially in it's basic prep.

Users who are viewing this thread