Otoyomegatari - Vol. 13 Ch. 93 - Bandits

I never thought they would get jumped on the way, now I'm more than eager to see our main couple and how they are!!
Thank you so much for updating!!
@Sayorii-chii Beautifully said, I'm with Ali on this, it really does not fore well to see the regular folk turn to this.

Dex-chan lover
Ever since they mentioned what year it was and the zone it was set in, we knew this was going down this route.
Im not sure this series is gonna have a happy ending.
And I still dont understand Smith stubbornness on this course of action.

@Sayorii-chii
you cant prevent war, you can only dissuade people from starting it, or end it as fast as possible.

Aggregator gang
@burl=https://mangadex.org/user/22459]Ju2c0c0[/url] Yes. Ali is a real pro even if he's not a "hardened war veteran" like Nik. I love the way the manga portrays how he casually spotted that ambush - because he just routinely finds the best places for an ambush and checks them for, well, ambushes without even tinking about it...

@Boag he actually explicitly states his reasons in a former chapter. The TL;DR of it - he is the UNESCO's Blue Shields before theUnesco was a thing. Bad. Ass. In a not martial prowess way, but - badass AF.

Dex-chan lover
@erana1
Not when youre galavanting around with your wife and opening her up to all matter of shit.
From My understanding the Blue Shields and the UNESCO are mutually exclusive, and I would never call the UNESCO a good organization, specially with so much of the crap that come up with how they were part of child sex trafficking ring.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for the update. I'm so worried for them. Best of wishes. 🤞😣

Fed-Kun's army
I'm always thankful for an update. Still, I do feel bad for those ordinary folks who got killed--nameless, fictional books that they are.

Dex-chan lover
- bandits : it is over . we have the high ground .
- scout guy : you under-estimate my power .

page 5 : she is covering the face of the horse and holding it down , so it wont be scared and wont run away .

this reminds me of the ambush scene in this film : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Patriot_(2000_film)

before our party continue with their journey , i think they should loot the bandits 's corpses for guns , weapons , money and valuables , lol .

a war is coming , but i guess all the main characters will be fine . in chapter 35 , after the deadly fight , all the main characters are still alive : https://mangadex.org/chapter/21535/1 .

Aggregator gang
@Bloag - FYI, the Blue Shields ARE part of the UNESCO - it's their branch to protect cultural heritage in war zones; so much for "mutually exclusive." Google is your friend. As for the rest of your post, I shall be courteous and just politely let you know that it's of the same level of accuracy and information.

Dex-chan lover
For such a well-researched manga, it was such a shame to see the reload procedure for a muzzle-loading flintlock so badly messed up.
For those curious;

1: Pour a known amount of black powder down the barrel, not so much that the resultant explosion exceeds the tolerances of the barrel, and not so little as to cause a "squib" (where there is not enough force to eject the projectile from the barrel).
2: Place the shot (the lead ball) at the mouth of the barrel (the shot will be slightly larger in dimensions than the barrel).
I: sometimes the shot may be wrapped in a "patch", usually lubricated cloth or paper, or a patch or wad (made of paper or cork) may be used separately before the shot.
3: Use a ram rod to force the shot down the barrel (if the barrel is rifled, this engraves the rifling to the shot) and seat the powder, with enough force to only slightly compress the powder.
4: Pull the cock to the half-cock position.
5: Open the frizzen (the lid over the priming pan) and add a small amount of powder to the pan, then close the pan.
I: this is called "primed and loaded", and is how the firearm would be carried for near-immediate use.
6: Pull the cock to the full-cock position.
7: The firearm is now ready to fire by pulling the trigger.
I: pulling the trigger releases a sear that allows the cock to fall.
II: the cock holds a piece of flint, that strikes the frizzen, opening it and causing a shower of sparks to hit the powder in the pan.
III: the powder in the pan ignites, sending sparks and hot ash into the touch hole between the pan and the base of the barrel.
IV: this causes the powder in the barrel to ignite, increasing the pressure inside the barrel very quickly as expanding hot gases accumulate.
V: the sudden increased pressure projects the shot out of the barrel at high speed.

Users who are viewing this thread