Otoyomegatari

@natthanz There's a reason why it's one the highest rated manga on Mangadex and MAL. Yen Press even decided it was worthy enough to get a hardcover treatment. There is more to their relationship than you think, and if you read more than a couple of chapters, you will realize why this series is so good. Go into it with a artistic and historical lens. But I'm not sure I convinced you.

@natthanz you can't apply today's standard to the past
the culture is vastly different, the mindset is different, the people are different

@natthanz shut up kid. If you can't even understand the mind set of people in that day and age, where child marriage was very common. Even polygamy, stay away from these type of manga. No one is forcing you to read it. It won awards and got rated 9.3 not on a fluke, but because it was that good.

Dex-chan lover
Just discovered it and like it a lot. I have a lot of preference for the Karluk & Amir and Pariya & Umak stories, so it makes waiting for them a bit long. The Smith & Talas and the Twin stories have good sides too, but take a bit too much space for my taste, while I'm really not interested in the persian harem stuff.
Thanks a lot to the translators, by the way.
@natthanz : probably you should try to read it before commenting...

Fed-Kun's army
Hokey smoke, the writing and artwork is S-rank. I mean Top 5 all-time great.

Ok so I'm getting really confused about Henry's mother. Why is she so antagonistic towards his marriage to a foreign wife? I get that she is upper-class, even former nobility, but why on earth is a foreign wife such an ill move in her view?

ok so this is a masterpiece. blue period was dethroned from my no.2 favourite manga spot. mori-san's art is spectacular

I love this manga. It's hard to go back to modern girl power stories after reading a story full of so many traditional and feminine, but intensely strong and persevering women.
I aspire to be as strong and feminine as women of days gone by.

Users who are viewing this thread