Otoyomegatari

TSP

Group Leader
We were going to pick it up, but we found a group who is gearing up to do just that, so we wish them the best!

We were going to NOT pick it up, but due to a few circumstances, we have changed our minds.

Thank you for the updates!!
I've bought the first volumes, what I can when I find them in local bookstores!
I love this series so much.

Dex-chan lover
I've been reading it for so long, I just absolutely love this series. It's always so heartwarming, and the art is absolutely stellar, too. Thank you, translators, for all your work on this.

Dex-chan lover
Just like Death Stranding by Hideo Kojima

wonderful wide story and nice art, but not all kind of people will like it

Double-page supporter
It is great to see other group picking this up since there is no way I can afford the official release. Hoping someone would pick up Hakumei to Mikochi too.

drama + historical kinda scare me is there any weird shit or cheating or anything like that or some weird triangle couple ? this one has a real high rating so it kindra intrigue me

Dex-chan lover
Love this manga. Just the fact it's very grounded in its story telling. Plus it tells the story of multiple characters from different places or status.

Even when I was a child I never read any fiction about other children. Why? Because it is invariably complete BS. Study, play, get sleep, repeat. All the whining is just a sign of family depression. See a doctor and get on proper meds. Otherwise, STFU until you are an adult, and are worthing of having an opinion on anything.

i bet the women in this period/time/place looked beautiful as heck, would like have liked to see the culture during its prime.
and ive bet the women where really attractive, high standard even for this time

Honestly there’re no other words to describe this other than “masterpiece”. The way textures and patterns are drawn and utilized in every panel is so painstakingly detailed and smooth. Read this back when I was in middle school and I find myself thinking about it from time to time every year onwards. Glad it has such a high rating on here!

Aggregator gang
This story is not for everybody. If you're looking for a realistic portrayal of ancient barbaric times. Then Go for it. [There might be things you'll find unacceptable.]

The MC is a bit smarter than the rest but he still has the psychological traits of a kid. Even some of the adults at first around him find it awkward due to the age gap.

Personally I find Tenju no Kuni a lot better since the art is just as good and story.

For anyone who still can't pinpoint what Mori's deal is, read this:

https://www.animefeminist.com/creator-spotlight-every-page-with-love-and-care-kaoru-mori-historical-fiction-mangaka/

Maybe it'll help, maybe not. Somewhat topical, as it addresses Bride's Story (and shines light on something I'd noticed as well going through her whole catalogue: Shirin x Anis is the most sexual relationship she'd ever written, and "Everything and Something" is the most erotic stuff she'd ever drawn ; but I'm also one of those people who'd always thought that the way she writes het rings more than a little "phony" and comes off mostly as "paternal" in nature - even given the historical context of her works - so you can take the idea spelled below with grain of salt).

"One of the greatest lesbian mangakas who doesn't write yuri"? Wouldn't be surprised. She may be a "2", "3" or "4" in Diamond's female sexuality model, but she sure as heck ain't "1".

Users who are viewing this thread