Ouritsu Mahou Gakuen no Saikasei - Ch. 4 - Incident at the School Gate

isnt he a covert operative? so how the hell is it even on his mind to draw attention from an unrelated squabble

if that was his girl or he had a prior encounter with them i would understand it a bit but thats just insulting he incurred nothing but disadvantages with that little stunt
thats ooc to the max for what he is supposed to be

Fed-Kun's army
Ah yes, the classical move of "Make way, BITCHES!", truly class...

@Roadrunner9000 His only "Orders" are "attend school" (most likely to graduate), no mention of any covert ops or anything; he got to pick the school and everything.

Also, I doubt him being rowdy at school impacts his assassin side-job...

@Feha You're both thinking of a covert operative that attends public events / spy, him standing out at school wouldn't make anyone go "Oh that student that spat in a noble's face at school is definitely that assassin shooting me in the face right now."

Dex-chan lover
@Roadrunner9000 maybe he expected to get noticed either way, and figured it was better to get some noble ally even if he painted a target at his back earlier than needed. Though, if he doesn't clean up the guy he sowed a grudge with before next day, then I can't think of any reason at all (what use is an ally, if to get one you had to get a more powerful enemy?).

But no, I agree. It feels forced, OOC, and like the girl is only there for her (non-existent) boobs.

@CookieLoop Nope. I am just thinking of a covert operative who has the choice between getting in trouble and not getting in trouble.
And how said trouble is likely to find him either way, eventually, minus the actual grudge (and that he is fully capable of subtracting said grudge himself, in the span of a single night).

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like I've seen this exact set up more than a couple times fairly recently. Oh well, this still could be an enjoyable read.

Thanks for the chapter

Mangaka couldn't hold themself back for like another 10 chapter? Right at chapter 4? Oh man. Lovely trasssshhhh

@ReRead You realise how dumb you sound right? If he lacks common sense, in Ch 3 he would have blown the brains out of the noble attacking the waitress. He's a trained soldier who knows his social standing. Which is why I said it's a Mahouka ripoff. Your other points on the girls are up in the air as currently the cover art only shows one girl.
It's fine to think of this as trash and cliché but you cannot ignore the facts that the first 3 chapters gave you to make your hate boner canon true.

hac

forgot to unfollow this pile of shit, at least it reminded me to rate it 1 star (give me option to rate it 0 please)

I've seen this exact plot way too many fucking times

Fed-Kun's army
This pacing is atrocious.

Shit story aside, it's abhorrent how slow this is.

Still gonna read it tho :p shit stories are still stories.

Okay, yeah, it's pretty much a cliche novel, if you want to know what will happen in a few chapters

MC beat that guy with ease, the academy works as a Meritocracy, a very unfair one, as most of people with 3 star have better education, mentors and knowledge about magic that 1 star nobles, however at the same time is also incredible easy according with the MC, Nobles don't actually use Magic, work or actually ever are put in life or death situations so they basic have magic just for show and superiority, MC is like a prodigy and everyone even the teacher hate him for not being a noble or something like that, the only exception is the Harem

Dex-chan lover
@feha : The novel version seems to depict it a little differently (or maybe that's just the TL)....even if it's still a bit questionable.
He still walk into the circle, but mainly because that's the most direct path to the school building (because ofc these things happen in the middle of the path)

That is actually what draws attention to him and then the whole 'omg commoner' call out start.

But hey
After he give the idiot noble a snap (Tatsuya vs Ichijou lite) he goes straight into the building, ignoring the other girl calling for him.

...she finds him later anyway tho, since it's not really hard to find the one non-star guy in this school.

That guy got noblesse oblige totally wrong, smh.

Then again, I should stop expecting anything from generic isekais.

Users who are viewing this thread