Out - Vol. 17 Ch. 154

Dex-chan lover
Good to see this again, I was afraid loktar was gonna retire when bad boys was done

a little bit OOT, if im not mistaking this series is based on author real life, i wonder how much truth that actually happen, cause everytime im thinking this is based on real life there is so much brutality in it, that makes me feel like there's no way that really happened and moreover they're still teenager not even a yakuza.

@GARE Honestly it feels quite real for me

I live in France, and there have been many cases of gang war in the suburb of Paris, and it isn't some teenager just beating the shit out of them. It is teenage kidnapping girls to pimp them and rape them, armed robbery, case of litteral slaughter.

It doesn't happen everyday surely, but last time a story like that was a teenager trying to rob drugs from 3 dealers, but he got smashed, after he got smashed, he got somes of his finger cut down, he was beat the shit outta him, and lastly thrown into a river

Another one that is quite known because it happened with a well known french rapper, is his crew and him beating someone up in the street, chopping off his nose, his testicles, knock him out continuously, and drive over him with a pick up

And I don't talk about my region which is Corsica (just check out the corsican connection and the corsican mafia), one story about my region is some people robbing and beating a pizza deliver, because they wanted pizza, or a guy from my neighborhood trying to rob a bar just because he was bored

So honestly it doesn't surprise me that it could happen in Japan where Yakuza and bosozoku are way more open in terms of visibility

@Cinischalybs oh well, looks like i'm less informed about condition in Japan, and coming from manga like crows and clover not really helping lol. My view a little bit bias and based on those 2 manga.

@GARE Out is a seinen and those are shounen, also, 99% of the story is clearly horse shit. But it's great. The only thing you should take as being real is the part where Tatsuya went to live with his aunt and uncle after Juvie IMO.

That guy on page two is considered a 6 footer? Damn our main character and supporting cast is shorter than they seem...

@maki check out this http://factsanddetails.com/japan/cat22/sub147/item814.html

This is a just some crimes, and they don't search from where comes money, and what are their link with Yakuza etc ....

I know that this manga is exaggerated, but still, from what I can see in my country and my region, it wouldn't shock me if it was mostly true about crimes, murders etc ...

Contributor
As with everything, every truth lies in the middle.

I can't believe that the real Tatsuya would openly tell stories about his gang-life since obviously it would be a breach of confidentiality. Some parts of this story are clearly unreal, but if you just pump up the age of participants a little and roll back the years to Tatsuya's actual youth (which can easily be 60s-70s, when Japan was pretty dip in gangs and crime), then most of the story seems much more realistic. What's unreal for teenagers is not this brutality, or gang wars, what's improbable is their adult-like organization and set of values. Just some chapters ago we've seen teens talking about existential philosophy and accepting who they are, which is very unusual for such a young age.

But as others had said, for manga entertainment always comes first.

Dex-chan lover
@Maki How he met Kaname is also true. There are after notes about it in the early chapters. The rest is probably tuned up.

Users who are viewing this thread