Out - Vol. 18 Ch. 168

@tearsax 'Thats why the 6th gen wasnt isolated after the war ended while the 7th gen is isolated by every other gang and some of them joined the 6th gen as soon as they got out: because the 7th gen is in the wrong.' No. The reason the 6th gen weren't isolated is because they had very close friends in the other gangs (particularly Ashura leaders, who they formed the middle school alliance with) and the reason they joined them when they got out wasn't because the 7th gen is in the wrong. It's because some of them (literally just their friends from Ashura, none of the other teams) felt responsible that their scheming got one of their friends killed. Hizaki, Ashura's head, gave a completely hypocritical talk to Kaname, which you quote, when he himself is guilty of facilitating the 6th gen going against their elders.

Nikaku is a murderer. The 6th gen guys didn't discuss taking him out when he was killing peoples sons and brothers. Anything that we know Jou has done, Nikaku has done too, the difference being that Nikaku was a soldier not a shot caller. They just wanted to play at being heroes and prioritised their friendship with other gangs like Ashura (who would have been wiped out) above their own team.

And of course the other gangs all agreed Jou had to be stopped. They were all getting trounced by him and were going to lose the war and see their teams destroyed. Nothing has changed in West Chiba since. You still have scumbag teams going around disappearing people, just not out in the open. The only real difference is that they aren't all scrambling for their survival.

Is Acchan a scumbag the world is better off without? absolutely. He freely admits that. But Kyoranki/6th gen weren't in the right. They conspired against their elders, which is the only concrete rule we know of in the delinquent world. You don't turn on your own. At that point, they forfeited being Kilihito members. They were OUT.

And now they're playing at being heroes again by claiming that Acchan is like the second coming of Jou when we've seen that his 7th gen has basically just been minding their own business. We haven't heard anything about Acchan's reign being Jou-esque. They've only defended themselves from external threats that were out to crush them. We're in our very own mad war now, and it's the 6th gen guys in the driving seat.

Dex-chan lover
@Maki: If you dont wanna understand what others are saying, then im not gonna waste my time in trying.

@Maki @N0Mi0
Not so much gakurans but the tokko fuku instead. MC was wearing it before he went to juvie, Tanzawa's wearing it right now in the gang civil war, and I think the 6th gen head is wearing his too. I know gangs in Japan don't really wear suicide coats anymore due to the crackdown on them, especially in Tokyo, but they aren't as strict in other, more rural areas; and even then, some still do wear them to gatherings, especially if it's just meets instead of anything gang related. Even so, for a bunch of delinquents, they dress more like fucking K-pop boy dancers instead of intimidating gangsters. Only the group with the "13" logos actually has decent "uniforms"..

Also, I've already finished reading Badboys, even Bakuon Rettou. Those are some of the greatest bosozoku manga's I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

I'd like to point something out.
Everything comes from the war of the 5th generation, and it's considered a given Jou was the whole responsible of that.
But we don't know THAT much about the reasons of the war, the words of Acchan in this chapter makes me feel there may be more to know about this war and the true reasons behind it.

@Vikingix

I think Jousuke really wanted what he said - a perfect place for his friends. It is important to note how his personality came as dual - a monster to his enemies and bystanders, a guardian angel to his true friends. It is reflected in his actions, and although what we saw of him in Acchan flashback was his "good" side, we also saw how scary he actually was, enough that made his protege Acchan sweat bullets while talking to him.

There is no question in my mind Jousuke was a monster without redemption, everyone admits that. But what is important here is what he meant to each and one of them and what code do they follow. Mizuta is actually abiding by that code - it is not whether or not they are right, wrong, good or bad - they are pretty much all wrong and all bad - it is a matter of who is loyal and "right" in their microcosmos. We, as readers can argue all we want - but the argument comes down to the preference of that code, those characters and that cosmos.

I want to know more of Yoshiki, 'cause other than his crazy moment with that kickboxer guy, he seems like a good guy, always coming to the rescue (not just his friends, but even innocent bystanders), and we don't see him often in those flashbacks. His story is what interests me, and I hope we will see more of it. He could have a pathological Messiah Complex.

@Tearsax

You understand what happened but obviously have trouble interpreting it.

"Both gens betrayed their higher ups, something that goes against the most basic rule in a gang: dont turn against your elders."
- If someone breaks a rule there are consequences, right? The 6th gen broke the code by betraying the 5th gen thus, rightfully so they needed to be punished. Its not about revenge but punishment for breaking the rules.

"But the 6th gen did it to stop a war, with all other gangs approving it"
- Does it matter if the other gangs approved, some twisted logic there!? They were at war, of course they would approve, lol.

Contributor
People writing semi-walls of text discussing this title is warming my heart, just saying. Nowhere near, but kinda low-key reminds me of Youjo Senki's comment section. Oh boy, sometimes it takes longer to read it than the chapter itself.

---

@xMirage
I get you, bro. I myself is into uniforms of different sorts. But here in this work, I think the author just likes drawing expansive "brandy" clothes. I mean, back in the day we in these comments laughed our asses off these broke kids wearing Gucci and Prada like it were some sweatshirts. One of the chapters end with a New Balance sneaker's bottom occupying the whole page, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Coffeetron: Nope. There was a "need" in what the 6th gen did, that need was so great that the other people who lives in the same world as them with their same rules proposed to break those rules, because rules are made to maintain a certain order, thats why when things get out of order there is a need to take drastic actions. But behind what the 7th gen did was no "need" and thats exactly why everyone in their world has turned them their back.
You can think whatever you want, but that doesnt change the fact that the characters think otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread