Out - Vol. 19 Ch. 177

if he stops the car the manga has just gotten more stupid tbh, honestly the inhumane abilities were fine at first but man is this all over the place

din

He will 100% pull Schwarzenegger and flip other the van.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a 100 chapter for an arc that still doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Too bad, I really liked the series, but they should never went full shounen with a monthly manga.

Dex-chan lover
hell yeah thats me, always looking for despair

and sometimes i dont even look for despair

but it fucking keeps finding me

Aggregator gang
I'm not sure despair has made Kenzou grow in the right direction as a person.

A question guys: What was the last chapter MC (more like missing character I guess lol) appeared? I stopped reading this arc like 70 chapters ago I think and I'm just curious

I can't get why people love to complain about Iguchi being out of the action or the arc lasting too long, Every Single Fucking Chapter.

About this arc, it is a huge war about everything the gang has gone through, it may look like it's being stretched, but it's just since the introduction of Kyoranki that the plot and setting has actually been developed past "there's gangs, and there's fighting". Through every fight, we get introspections of different characters and development on the war state (who's more likely to win, who's losing more, who's betraying who, what are the actual motives of each person involved). This war most likely the final and central arc of OUT, while the first volumes were meant to be more like an introduction to the setting. I don't see the plot outliving Kilihito or Kyoranki, unless it really wants to go full battle shonen.

Now, why are people so salty about Iguchi being MIA? He has barely even gotten any real development. He is an outsider in West Chiba, and that's his importance in the narrative; a fresh way to expose the plot, and to intervene as a neutral standpoint to the conflict, ultimately assisting in ending the war. Even from the initial chapters, when there's a lot of talking of Iguchi about his time in juvie, it's arguable that it's intended to help reinforce the weight of Yoshiki being released. Hell; OUT is not about >Iguchi< being OUT, I thought this deception was pretty cool.

I'd rather people complain about how every single chapter ends in a cliffhanger or how characters are always not as dead as they look. Btw, if Jou is alive, I'm dropping this shit. Until then, I want to dream of someday watching OUT animated by Madhouse.

Contributor
@dashzera
People complain because this whole arc, heck, the last 100 chapters even, betray the synopsis quite a lot. It was a story about Iguchi from the beginning, was presented as such, never was about some random gang wars instead, and on top of that never really had any solid reason to completely out the MC and the main story and spend more than 2 fucking years telling us about things we never really cared about at the time this whole war started.

You like it? Well, that's good. People like it too, yeah. But they can't forget that the author arbitrary freaking removed the very reason why most people were reading it in the first place. It's borderline Chuck Cunningham Syndrome, for Christ's sake. And I'm at a loss to even name another manga example of something like this.

Dex-chan lover
I like that the fights include weapons and the use of objects, I even kind of like that most characters are just plain crazy, not even "outsiders" but complete psychopaths. But this manga seriously needs to take notes from manga like Crows or even Clover. The story is a mess and the storytelling is a huge disappointment, people get badly injured, but they never die, and cliffhangers every single chapter, also no character so far has shown any real growth, we just keep finding out more unnecessary details from each minor character.

These few last comments are really cool and a nice example of good arguments, beyond some random "wot iz going on", "where is MC", "who is Rukia" short attention span shit.

And I agree with both arguments, really. Yes, Mizuta sort of betrayed his initial audience. He abandoned Iguchi, marginalized him to the point that even his recent appearance looks like a trick, more than a pivotal element to move the story forward. Fuck that flashforward. That was a mistake on Mizuta's part. Better not to show it.

Acchan is your MC. He truly is. He has a tragic backstory, has been shown as a good guy (in this sea of not very good guys) even though he calls himself "worst of the worst", has also apparently killed his half brother and damaged the rest of the 6th to the point of them losing their mind (same can be said for the Bakurakan older bro) BUT he is still likable as he can be (although I still hate the fuck out of him).

Yoshiki is your antagonist, presented in a way you can root for him. I do and I like him way more than Acchan. I also support 6th decision even though I am aware some of you will call them hypocrites and cowardly bitches. I still see them as more positive than 5th Kilihito and that asshole of Jousuke.

Then you have over-the-top plot points and characters which are either straight from Mizuta fetishist dreams (but feel waaay too forced as opposed to fluently streaming in the story) or insanely protected (Taguchi, c'mmon Mizuta, that shit isn't even funny anymore).

What Mizuta accomplished here is a story in which literally ANYTHING goes and nothing would surprise me.

Oh Jousuke is actually alive and will buttfuck Kai? Cool. Nice one.
Oh Rukia is alive and his corpse was just a random hobo? Cool. You got me again, Mizuta.
Oh Chihiro is actually wearing her brother's necklace and is out for revenge and wants to shit and piss on her ex bf Rukia's corpse? Oh Cool. Mizuta, you dog.
Oh Kai was actually in love with Rukia and his main motivation is purely sadistic revenge derived from personality breakdown after seeing his ultimate love tortured to fuck? Mizuta, stop it, you are amazing!
Oh a philosopher's stone was in the purse and it is the force which Kai wants to use to make Rukia awake, using a blood of Acchan and his own sperm as a Voldemort-alike resurrection? Mizutaaaa, pls stooop, you're waay too awesome.

Then again, you choose what to read. Did this manga jump the fucking shark 5 volumes ago? Fuck yeah it did.
Is it fun as fuck? Fuck yeah it is.
Not to everybody, of course, but just enjoy it for what it is. It is Mizuta's own homoerotic splatterfest and it will only get worse.
I mean, this dick in mouth shit is straight out of some gay fanfic. It is beyond taking it even remotely serious.

Have fun with it, the only meaning "out" has is "out of Mizuta's fucking mind".

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread