Out - Vol. 19 Ch. 178

Double-page supporter
At this point i'm pretty sure Folly Wolf and SID etc are involved

Dex-chan lover
okay all these people have superpowers, and you cant tell me otherwise

we got 1 chapter left and 0 story developement so far, but for some reason I liked all of these chapters !

Damn I loved these recent chapters ! ! ! I wonder when the next volume will be out (no pun intended) ?

Dex-chan lover
He actually drove back JUST to hit mailbox dude, nice, thats dedication

Aggregator gang
@Nitrorare
If they aren't already, then they probably will be once it gets out that their secret pledge has been dug up.
@dael8
Kenzou's been physically and mentally abused his whole life, first by his mother and then by his half-brothers, so if anyone can function after taking that kind of damage, it'd be him. Which makes Tatsuya's duel with him back in the beginning all the more crazy, since of the two, Tatsuya was the one who refused to go down.

Dex-chan lover
@boldmonkey Tatsuya is easily top 5 or even top 3 fighter in this manga so far, but I don't know if the author did it on purpose or not... but his previous fights and such make him seem like he is far weaker.

Double-page supporter
If these guys are high schoolers, just imagine how tough and cruel the yakuza would be lol

Contributor
Isn't that a plot hole, though? Kenzou is so incredibly strong, but lost to Iguchi fairly. Yet Iguchi almost lost to Taguchi who's meh in terms of strength. So Iguchi is at the same time able to handle both gen heads or at least their vices, but also is mediocre. Eh? Is he a switch type?

Also this chapter was lit, Kenzou is OP.

@N0Mi0

Can't remember clearly, so i might be wrong, but wasn't Taguchi a Judoka (and won a competition) and that's why it's the reason why he got so close to beating Tatsuya?
Tatsuya never fought (Well, what's known) Judokas prior to his battle with Taguchi.

Aggregator gang
@N0Mi0
I doubt Iguchi would stand a chance against either Tanzawa or Yoshiki, and possibly Miura. I think you're underestimating Taguchi as well. We've gotten used to seeing Taguchi as an underdog since he joined Kyoranki, but that's no fault of his strength, just the circumstances. He's probably as strong as Kaname, if not stronger. Sure he seemed weak against Nikaku, but Nikaku was probably the strongest fighter in the manga so far.

Mmb

This volume raise the violence of this war, the author is a real creative in upgrading the events of the story.
In start we saw only regular fight and everyone used to it then it raise to bones crushing and it was high for the readers afterward the author give some pictures for how much crazy the violence can reach to death.
Now we saw killing no surprise 🙂

Contributor
@wuva
but wasn't Taguchi a Judoka (and won a competition) and that's why it's the reason why he got so close to beating Tatsuya?
Hm, yeah, there was something like this indeed. That might be the reason.

Though that's manga logic.

-----random martial arts info below-----

As a martial artist, I never tire of telling people that the fights are always "person vs person," not "style vs style." Meaning, what decides the fight is the difference in physical preparedness and experience, not some magic techniques. But that's kinda boring because it basically reveals that on the top level all styles are kinda the same on a biomechanical level.

For example, I am a karateka (Gōjū-ryū style), and my method of punching is completely different from boxing (main driving force is back muscles vs shoulder in boxing). But most top level boxers always stray away from going completely from the shoulders and learn to use their back and momentarily impulse (basically starting 'hitting' only on contact, and aiming 'behind' your target). And same for Karate: on high levels you start to understand that it's not so about going from your back, but more about creating inertia and impulse.

If you want to see what it looks like the famous Bruce Lee was a genius of this (in case somebody doesn't know, he was a real extremely talented martial artist, and only then an actor). No, it's not a gimmick, though it might look like one. This man perfected the body usage for creating momentarily impulse force. Every, at least Asian-style, martial artist worth their salt respects him quite a lot.

Sorry for going off-rails, but kinda had to share this.

P.S. A lot of people think that karate's trump card is kicks (lol, even the upcoming Olympic karate sign is a guy kicking (albeit with a punch, which actually displays another thing altogether, but oh well)), but in reality it's the punch. Proper karateka always have a very good posture and back muscle development and control. It's always easy to spot them among martial artists.

Users who are viewing this thread