Outcast Adventurer's Second Chance ~Training in the Fairy World to Forge a Place to Belong~ - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Good MC, I like it that this manga focus is already past the naive and gullible arc that every young person goes through and most shounen manga loves to use.

Dex-chan lover
They really just gonna let the douchebag running away from the guild after bringing that criminal? It's good if the guild employee try to chase them but got stopped by Glenn but here none of them even trying to chase them or smth like that bruh.

Dex-chan lover
He basically "lied" to fool Emily that MC/Glen was doing shitty stuff by starting rumors that'd turn into scandals and the likes back in ch.5.1

The difference is in "A Warrior Exiled By The Hero And His Lover" is that the shitty hero there actually 'brainwashed' the girls away from Toru via "demon/magic eyes" (as long as their levels are lower than his, it'd work on them)
Lisa's faking it the entire time as she's the demon lord, so she gotta fake it all the way through to keep the hero "on a leash" with the eyes she possibly granted to him (novel)

While for this series, alain/he made use of spreading rumors to scandals against Glen to get the girls (in this case, get Emily to avoid Glen so he can get her himself easily) since she was in love with Glen (before the rumors since the beginning)
That's the reason I said I hope he has a brainwashing ability.

Turning on someone you love and trust because of magic? Sucks but I can accept. Turning on someone you love because of a series of rumors and never confronting that person or checking if they're true? Not cool.

Dex-chan lover
They really just gonna let the douchebag running away from the guild after bringing that criminal? It's good if the guild employee try to chase them but got stopped by Glenn but here none of them even trying to chase them or smth like that bruh.
The guild staff aren't stupid.. They know the history between those two, and are full well aware Glen just got promoted to S-rank without even a test..
When the Offended Party, which Glen was in this case, indicates to Let It Rest, they will assume "for now" and let Glen do the legwork and the follow-up.

Most Guild staff are career "civil servants", they are not prone to random acts of Bravery resulting in More Paperwork.
And if they really want his ass handed to the Guild for whatever, the Guild Master can authorise an apprehension quest in 5 minutes...
Let the actual Adventurers run the risk...

Dex-chan lover
I'm enjoying this so far, it's interesting that it's taken a route of "cancel culture" by showing that not everyone can be swayed by rumors, but the truth of it being that most people will blindly follow it based on who else they 'follow' or hear it from.

Just hope this can get updated enough to stay relevant :D

Double-page supporter
Yeah, he was found embezzling and the suggestion was other church members might be dirty too.

I hope it turns out thus guy has brainwashing powers to explain why people like Emily turned on mc.
Nope she is just as stupid and rotten as the rest of the party

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread