Overgeared - Ch. 45

Why did so many people hype this series up. It has consistently been trash, is the novel much better? I am very confused.

Is grid supposed to become a likable character at some point or what? His stupidity is so off putting idek why he was written like that.. is it intended to be funny?

Why am I still reading this ughhh is the novel at least better? Cause it has sooo many readers I’m confused when does this get good

@Sleepyyyyy the appeal is that they didn't just throw another generic "I'm dark but really a nice guy" or "I'm some kind of saint" archetypal bullshit into a cool setting like most Manwha and Manga within this kind of niche style of story. Some people (me) like watching a determined but funny moron bang two rocks together whilst the world moves around them - rather than the protagonist being worshiped within the first 20 chapters. That is, the appeal is that they gave a deadbeat a cool skill that he misunderstands constantly - yet somehow manages to produce amazing results overall.

It's kinda funny how people think that the plot is boring or retarded. You guys definitely didn't read the novel that's why. Let me tell who in advance, this novel ain't like some stereotypical manhwa or manhua shit that you read like the Solo Leveling one where in just 2 or 3 chapters the MC will be likable. If you read the damn Overgeared novel, the personality of Grid will change and will bloom, plots will be more awesome. AND IF YOU CANT FKING WAIT FOR THAT TIME.... JUST READ THE NOVEL GOD DANGIT. You guys are clearly the typical guys who watch Shounen tags with Overpowered MC from the start and no plot ongoing.

For people who wonder when will grid personality matured, y'all need to really be patient. In the Novel, Grid needs at least 100 chaps for his personality to become a little likeable. And even those, his core personality (idiotic and pettiness) still come out from time to time.
*SPOILER*Grid will be likeable at least in the tournament arc*SPOILER*

Grid is getting scammed big time, I mean that lord of land doesn't even provide him with the needed materials to craft the shield!? And he gives 2 days to craft a shield... I mean its a game, not "real life" but still.. come on. 🙄
"Fuck you devil. Why did you raise my hopes like that?" lol
It took him 30 mins to realize that he got mega scammed? How slow is this guy?

Dex-chan lover
I love when boring looking characters turn out to be surprisingly competent.

@Cero_Cielo Thank you. Even if it takes a while, knowing that it will happen makes it easier to keep reading.

Users who are viewing this thread