Overgeared - Ch. 57

Dex-chan lover
@GGCannon you must have never played MMORPGs, although the numbers are a bit bloated and buying a car is rather over exaggerated, I have seen single item that worth like $1-2k, and I also know some people see grinding MMOs as a job and have a stable income from RMT for years. One extreme example is my friend who made all the money to pay his college tuition from just grinding an MMOs.

Dex-chan lover
@GGCannon
This isn't actually that uncommon. Usually buying igc that costs say $20.00 worth of igc, is only going to give you maybe 60-70% of that in igc (since the company take a portion of the sale). However then if someone were to sell something inside the game using the igc rate, but have it paid for using irlc, they would get the full amount since it is a direct transfer, as in the company makes no money off of it. So yeah, especially in MMORPGs, igc is worth way more than irlc

Aggregator gang
@Armsdealer12 [To successfully complete your crafting you need the new DLC Crafters Of Hexetia]
I can clearly picture EA creating DLCs to literally anything if they ever make a VR MMORPG
@Trueflame001 it's game coin that they use, Grid sell this coin in game for real money. The people from his guild are mostly high rankers and their investment in weapons and armor in game is well worth it, most of them participate in commercials and other stuff that give them money cause they are high rankers, so if they don't keep improving most of them would suffer some real loss of money and jobs that come from being rankers.
@G01dmaster the fun thing is that latter on he is praised for paying all his taxes, even when taxes in Korea take almost 50% of his money earned through gaming.

Dex-chan lover
@saito197 @JavelinJoe
I think both of you misuderstood what I said.
I have met several people that survive out of real money trade in games.
What I said is, I have never really seen nor heard of a single game where 1gold/coin/whatever currency in game is neither equal nor higher in value to actual real world currency.

But in the story, 1 gold is worth way over 1500 won, which means 1 gold > 1 Dollar, which is insane.

Man I wish there were more games that you can make money like that. o_o Grid makes it seem so easy then again he has that hidden class or something. :eek:

Dex-chan lover
I'm almost expecting the punch line of the dad being in debt... Again. We shall see

Dex-chan lover
Is crazy but people spend thousands of dollars on game items, skins or some other bs instead of something irl. Of course in this game economy is very exaggerated.

Dex-chan lover
"The Butcher"

Meanwhile Grid's image at that time looks like Barry the Chopper/Slicer from FMA, the armor-soul man who killed women as a butcher.

Fed-Kun's army
WoW, the artist decided on a shitty wannabe sportscar design instead of the described luxurios sedan... *sigh*

@ShinSekai Well, it gets better with him xD
But the author also just doesnt get the money values right, 700k USD for the car is just nonsense, that is more then a fully loaded Rolls-Royce Phantom would cost you... in the novel it is described as a cool luxus car, but not "the best", so in reality it would probably more of a 100-150k car (the novel hints in descprition and naming to a BMW 7-series if I remember correctly)
So, not the kind of money you could buy a house for in a city in South Korea in the first place :D

@saito197 You cant directly compare that tho, since in this story Satisfy is the most popular entertainment in the world, with well over 2 billion active players over the world and good players having broadcasting contracts, advertisement deals etc. So its more fitting to see Ibellin as an upcoming movie star, not quite a Samuel L. Jackson, but already worth a few millions most likely. (To be fair tho, as said, the author really doesnt get monetary value, so its always a bit willy nilly :D)

Users who are viewing this thread