Overgeared - Ch. 69

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this next part would fly in an English official release.
The whole Grid making Toban, a black guy, his slave after he tries to steal his stuff.

That's the thing thou. Beside
calling a black man as a slave
, there will be
a Chinese character
in the future who is just unfairly depicted as a villain. Not for the purpose of anything else but to only make MC shine a little. As a person who read the LN, it was pretty bad.

Dex-chan lover
I don't rmemeber who toban is. Oh I see him in some previous chapters, but I don't remember why the MC hates him.

Holy sh*t Toban, he hit misfortunes one after another "I gotta clear this quest to get a legendary class sword since Greed already dislike me by putting me in the lowest priority." quest objective "Kill Greed and get his equipments!" LMFAO, well it's quite an easy choice but the cost is losing his position as the strongest Judar Paladin LMFAO again..

Dex-chan lover
still can't wait for "omitted"

btw i think reading novel are better but sometimes i still miss lot's of info inside those wall of text (or maybe it's mahwa addition??)

@personal852
who (chimese guy)? i dont remember though. it's still on the beginning of the novel where overgeared are still mediocre novel, sometimes just infuriating (i read those fast!!!)
but author does clearly nitpicked other countries like usa or russia, but not as bad as chinese (although i do feel it's actually on point with the chinese goverment)

but toban, it's his own fault though.

Now i can see why the LN translator uses "Grid" instead of "Greed".. It might be confusing in some sentences.

Just like in this chapter:
[ All else aside, the newbies seem to be especially obsessed with Greed ]

In this case it might be referring to the sin "Greed" instead of the name of the player. The all caps of the sentence also adds to the confusion since it is not explicitly shown if it is a proper noun "Greed" or an adjective "greed".

But well if you re-read the sentence and with understanding the context it might not be a problem,.

Dex-chan lover
@usefakename
that and because there's more appropriate stuff to be called greed in the first place (it's much later though)
it's also confusing, because his
personality gonna change later (almost 180%), so greed as a name just impossible

Users who are viewing this thread