Overgeared - Ch. 7

Group Leader
Aaaah, so hard-core reminded of how even the translators for the novel were like "We know this guy is like a cancer to society—" ouch. XDD But by all reports he turns into a truly amazing character once he develops, so I'm really looking forward to that. <3

Group Leader
@Kayriel It's necessary! If you've read the older version of this from a few years back, it's even more obvious how toxic the main character is. If I remember right, around chapter 90 or so in the novel/s is when his character growth became really apparent? I'm looking forward to seeing it in comic format, honestly. ovo I was mega irked with him, but the ratings seem to indicate that once his growth takes off, it really flies. ^7^/

In the novel this was the very first time where the class seems legit powerful, since he keeps on walking towards yura slowly resisting her magic for 5 seconds, only to be stepped like a fly when the invencibility ability was off

The art is great, but the character isn't being depicted right

@UntappedChaos

If I remember correctly, the author changed his approach to the story around the 90-100 chapter. His style, story telling and world building improved greatly. I think the early stages of the story/MC really suffer from this. It almost felt like it was written by another person.

iirc, Grid was supposed to have this defiant, hell piercing gaze On yura when he started slowly walking to her. It unnerved Yura so much she started monolouging for like 5 sentences in the WN.

This part of the story is all abouts Grid selfishness and scummy behavior. Around 150 chapters in, world building, personality, character development exponentially improved so greatly.

Dex-chan lover
@UntappedChaos The MC goes through 2 awakenings. The first is around chapter 96 when he gets his first BIG payout and get to flaunt it a bit. It's here when he becomes way less toxic (since his toxic attitude is driven by his inferiority complex). The second is at about chapter 220 when he decides to make his own guild. It's at this point he becomes the character he is in the next 1000+ chapters.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

The character summary near the ends seems kinda obtuse and missing stuff. Don’t remember much about what he had during this point but it should be listing more stuff.

How can he move at all if his movement speed is reduced by 100%? Why did he lose another 2 levels when that penalty isn't supposed to apply to characters under level 10?

DO I SMELL *sniff sniff* INCOSISTENCY? How did the guy interviewed login if he dies cause of a boulder? Dont u have to wait 24 hrs to login after death?

Dex-chan lover
@HallowedDeep MC only got a 24-hour logoff penalty because he died twice in 12 hours. So the guy being interviewed could still logon since he only died once.

Fed-Kun's army
I really dislike the "Oh right, I have a skill to counter this that hasn't been mentioned before" idk how I feel about this literally being a game either. Rather than battling for his life, he's just battling to win a game.

Users who are viewing this thread