Overlord - Ch. 76

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL
I for one, respect Gazef. The goal was to buy time for the retreat, and he stopped Ainz entirely. Truly gigachad.
Plus, ending his life is sorta the actual turning point for Ainz into an overlord from just another overpowered isekai protag

Sure is great for morale to have their strongest fighter killed. What did getting himself killed achieve at this moment?
Gazzef created the strongest human that surpassed him and reached the hero's realm, Brain Unglaus.

Dex-chan lover
man. i really fucking love how snarky ainz is.
also, the balls on the author lmao he made gazef likable TOO MUCH then fucking fridged him. not to mention that his death doesn't even took a second. but at the very least, my guy gazef didn't have to suffer in the most terrifying way like the tomb raiders.

Dex-chan lover
Sure is great for morale to have their strongest fighter killed. What did getting himself killed achieve at this moment?
ainz actually respects him and the sacrifice he's making. even more so because he's not going to be revived.

that said, if you say you're going to duel, you could at least pretend to try without time magic, which you know no one around can use

Dex-chan lover
At this exact moment? It stopped the further slaughter of the kingdom’s army. Had he not challenged Ainz, he would have just walked away and had the goats continue to murder everyone.

ainz actually respects him and the sacrifice he's making. even more so because he's not going to be revived.

that said, if you say you're going to duel, you could at least pretend to try without time magic, which you know no one around can use

Technically, he doesn‘t know, hence the ”I see”. He was checking to see if anyone present might have some sort of countermeasure.

Dex-chan lover
It showcases even further how strong Ainz is to the entire world by winning a 1v1 with the strongest human warrior in a close quarter combat against a spellcaster who is at a disadvantage, it showed to the two characters that Ainz is more human and reasonable than it seems (very important for a much MUCH later event), it motivated Brain to reach the realm of Heroes that was never reached before as a normal human, it stopped further killings at the time not only by stopping Ainz from advancing but to make the King accept defeat instead of "hope for more" and getting more of his men killed, it tells to the reader once more who Gazeff is and how much of a warrior he is etc.

This duel was very important for the LN, so all I can tell by your behavior is that you're absolutely no paying attention to what everything means besides "character dies".

Users who are viewing this thread