Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 121 - SCP-4999

Dex-chan lover
I like this SCP, a spectre of death that just comforts those who are doomed to die alone in their final moments. Impossible to contain but also completely harmless with zero ulterior motive

Fed-Kun's army
why is it keter though? It doesnt seem to be dangerous or something? shouldnt it be Euclid at the very least?

Dex-chan lover
@youiri65 the labels are there to describe how easy it is to contain, following is from the site itself [Keter-class SCPs are anomalies that are exceedingly difficult to contain consistently or reliably, with containment procedures often being extensive and complex. The Foundation often can't contain these SCPs well due to not having a solid understanding of the anomaly, or lacking the technology to properly contain or counter it. A Keter SCP does not mean the SCP is dangerous, just that it is simply very difficult or costly to contain.]

Dex-chan lover
@youiri65: as the others have pointed out, the rating is in difficulty of containment, not the threat the SCP potentially has.

For example, SCP-173/Peanut/Cpt.Crunch is Euclid despite very much murdering any human it can go after, because it's fairly easy to contain.
Same thing with 096/Shy Guy that is also Euclid. Even though once enraged practically nothing can stop it, it's very much possible to avoid the trigger.

I remember that the original wasn't "a man in a suit will offer a cigarette to a dying lonely person for thousands of years" but more "variations of a man sharing something with a lonely dying person has been happening for thousands of years"

Double-page supporter
Back when I first discovered SCP Foundation, when there weren't any four-digit ones... yeah, I'm pretty confident this would've been rated Safe. Maaaybe Euclid.

SCP-4999 has always been a favorite of mine, purely because the thought of dying all alone, no-one to help comfort me in what would probably be the scariest moment of my life is very probable honestly, and the idea that someone, someTHING in the universe would show up, as someone to talk to, someone to just BE there at the end for me, with no desires than to ease me into the long night with warmth and comfort... it is something that, if possible, would make me eternally grateful

after i was finished with this weird ass d class that likes females too much. (he still freaks me the fuk out and how can he talk to that doll scp wtf) i bumped into this dude. i really like this scp, aswell as the dude that warns people about the future in they dreams.

Aggregator gang
bro...
YECHAvw.png

@ShayGuy Yeah I remember reading in some of the SCP forums that across the years the classification criteria changed from a more danger focused definition to the containment focused one we have now, so that doesn't surprise me.

Users who are viewing this thread