Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 84 - SCP-514

Dex-chan lover
The implications this SCP brings can neutralize most if not every problematic subject...

Dex-chan lover
@Bachenaugen naw, cause the radiation isn't weaponized or in a threatening form. It seems it's based on intent. Hence the baseball bat and steak knife only breaking when used threateningly.

I feel like this SCP should be Safe rather than Euclid but that might just be me cause its not like it is hostile or dangerous albeit they don't quite know how it works fully I guess

Dex-chan lover
Whether it is dangerous or hostile has no bearing on an SCP being classified Safe or Euclid.

Fed-Kun's army
Even without the box-standard of classification, I would not classify these as safe given the existence of other SCP. They are shown to temporarily disable an individual's desire to capture them. Presumably, this means that capturing and containing something against its will is considered non-peaceful. An SCP-514 within range of any containment site would likely lead to a containment breach of other, directly dangerous SCP. While the released SCP may be rendered peaceful, this would likely only be while SCP-514 is still in range.

Dex-chan lover
Found nearby: A glassed crater, five hundred meters in radius, at the bottom of which is one half-charred hawk feather.

To be fair, they moved on to using a children’s card game as a means of conflict resolution.

@MilkmanDan Whether it is dangerous or hostile has no bearing on an SCP being classified Safe or Euclid.

Only in the new ret-conned overly defined classifications. Just one of the reasons that the creators abandoned the project.

Fed-Kun's army
Wasn't Keter for the SCPs hard to cantain? Those birds seem pretty impossible to catch. I might be wrong, I don't really remember such things.

@RiseOne yea, but it's not like the birds are dangerous and will kill something, or (Majorly) disrupt the environment, the doves just make people not feel angry. They are not 'safe' because they do disrupt the environment more than other safes.

Supporter
@no168_92 ok, but what if those natural features are naturally dangerous to other living beings? Allergies, poisoning, etc? What if a cloud of deadly gas (can even be something natural, why not) wafts into the area? What if it's deadly only to some species, and beneficial to others? Is the danger determined based on what would affect the pigeons?

MD@Home
Are you serious? The fate of one of our SCPs could be decided on the outcome of rock-paper-scissors?!
-O5-██

I assure you sir, you have nothing to fear. We are dead serious about these matters.
-Captain ████████, Mobile Task Force Lambda-4 "Birdwatchers"

Note: Captain, couldn't you have chosen a more… dignified… game as your primary conflict resolution method? Seeing two grown men in all-black tactical gear taking a children's card game so seriously is… off-putting.
O5-11

MD@Home
@Zael
>The aura is also somehow selective, being able to discern items that are actively designed as weapons from items that are potentially dangerous, but not specifically designed to be weaponized.
>However, SCP-514 also appears to be able to discern when an item will be used for violent intent, and said item will be directly affected by the aura.

@Zael @guardian1102
There's a reason it's called Oversimplified SCP. These are addressed in the actual article

Supporter
Thanks for the link @AviKav ! (Also, I'm always amazed how some of you guys seem to remember and recognize the SCP's by their designation. Just how committed are you to the lore?!)

MD@Home
@Zael

I never heard of this SCP before. I just have a habit of reading the original afterwards if I haven't already.

Except for the most famous or a person's favorites, people don't often remember the number. When people talk to each other they often use nicknames or brief descriptions. When available, people simply Google.

Disregarding the mental effect that stop a person from hurting SCP-514, if someone tries to use their fist will it just crumble away since its consider a "weapon"?

Users who are viewing this thread