Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 86 - SCP-1013

Aggregator gang
Dude It literally eats you alive, that must hurt a lot

Fed-Kun's army
I love how this author decided that the best way to approach an actually horrifying skip is always memes and jokes.

Dex-chan lover
Considering it seems this is killable... why the hell didn't they do so in the first place? The whole point of giving something the designation 'Keter' is because they are researching into killing it.

somehow i remember the black guy in that show dancing with other 9 japs and then jump suddenly to middle and making funny pose and while the one being laughed at is the black guy most of the time , i forgot his name tho , he's from america and currently working in japan comedy show , but i somewhat always consider that show as Low-Key Racism

is this chapter trying to be low-key Racist ?

Dex-chan lover
@Boomburst ...No? Keter is a designation given to items, creatures or locations that are especially difficult to keep contained.

The SCP Foundation might attempt to be rid of SCPs that threaten the security of the world, but it is unrelated to the 'Keter' designation.

Dex-chan lover
I like this iteration of the murderous animal; a frilled lizard with a chicken/rooster head. As much a fan as I was of the chicken with snake tail design I saw elsewhere, this one quickly became my favorite. This is one of the more interesting SCPs in recent chapters.

Also, the basilisk time thing is pretty dumb. I looked it up and it's a glorified 30 second vine. The video for reference;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lMSXqz1v9Q

@Crombs

Yes it is, unless you are following the retconned rules of the SCP, which you should not be doing. Yes, Keter refers to how dangerous it is, and containment is only part of that definition.

Also, Cockatrice and Basilisk are two names for the same creature. As is Basilicock, the intermediate name for the beast. Study your medieval bestiaries more carefully.

from scp-wiki.net :
Keter-class SCPs are anomalies that are exceedingly difficult to contain consistently or reliably, with containment procedures often being extensive and complex. The Foundation often can't contain these SCPs well due to not having a solid understanding of the anomaly, or lacking the technology to properly contain or counter it. A Keter SCP does not mean the SCP is dangerous, just that it is simply very difficult or costly to contain.

Dex-chan lover
@princeofcups What do you mean retconned?

Got a source on that which opposes what PlatinumLantern posted?

I'm not sure who you're talking to in regards to the names

@princeofcups
Cockatrice and Basilisk are different. Cockatrice is a dragon-cock chimera that hatched from egg of toad or snake by cockerel. Basilisk is cock headed serpent hatched from egg of cockerel by snake.Both have same ability of able to petrify, but its usually depicted that cockatrice by glare and basilisk by their venom.And they aren't immune to their own petrification. SCP classification is by how easy they to contain still, and the hardest one being keter, there also exist micro classification.

@endo54

I assume that it is a bad idea. This SCP-1013 seems to be killable.
And SCP-682 may be able to resist paralysis and even the calcification. And will eat the poor ass bird-head lizard up, potentially gaining the same effects of SCP-1013.

If the petrification goes down 3cm into the skin but is hard enough to prevent you from moving, wouldn’t people suffocate? This one seems less magical/unexplainable and more biological, so I doubt its petrification somehow preserves the victim to stay alive.

The fact that it clones itself to reproduce is also probably a really bad idea, as that leaves itself open to being completely wiped out by disease, predators, and loss of habitat. Maybe the Foundation keeps them not out of an attempt to contain, but in order to protect them?

Contributor
Killing 1000 personnel stretches the plausibility of the foundation being a top secret organization a bit too much. Also you'd think after the first few victims the rest would wear a blindfold removing all danger.

Users who are viewing this thread