Papa Told Me - Vol. 27 Ch. 149.2 - The end

Dex-chan lover
It's been such a long journey, and yet it still feels so short. Thank you, everyone at Dayment scans, for doing this series till the end and giving us readers a chance of reading this wonderful series!

What!? Wait, it just ends like this? So abrupt! Feels like some characters did not get their resolution; at least Aunt Yuriko bought her apartment, but we never see it! What about Kitahara? 😭

Dex-chan lover
Feels like some characters did not get their resolution
They weren't and aren't intended to get a resolution. This series wasn't and isn't intended to close.
What about Kitahara?
The happy ending for Kitahara would close the series. Only a minority could be pleased with her finding love with a man other than Matoba Shinkichi, but these are tales about and around a little girl who lives with her widowed, unremarried father, not about a family with a living mother. Shinkichi loves a woman whom he cannot have because she is dead; Kitahara loves a man whom she cannot have because he loves another woman.

Dex-chan lover
0fx1CRs.png

she's mad the end has been reached,too!
Great read! I look forward to the reboot if it kicks off.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating all of this manga! This manga reminds me a lot of me and my own father. It holds a special place in my heart. I can't wait for the sequel!

Thank you dayment, it’s been amazing reading this in a releasing format for the last year. I hope to see the team again for the cocohana version. We move on from this timeless original version of papa told me

Unfortunately they don’t plan to translate the cocohana version, I asked on their blog and they said they didn’t have the translators for it. Can only hope someone else picks it up…

Fed-Kun's army
The happy ending for Kitahara would close the series. Only a minority could be pleased with her finding love with a man other than Matoba Shinkichi, but these are tales about and around a little girl who lives with her widowed, unremarried father, not about a family with a living mother. Shinkichi loves a woman whom he cannot have because she is dead; Kitahara loves a man whom she cannot have because he loves another woman.
perfectly encapsulates my thoughts. with the overarching theme of how the atypical need not be treated as something strange or wrong or needing fixing, i think it's fitting that chise's family remains as we were introduced to it.
gotta say i was rooting for usami though haha. thought his/kitahara's dynamic was much more fun than her/shinkichi. she deserves a beautiful pathetic man to dote on her and make her look even more wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread