Parallel Paradise - Vol. 9 Ch. 90 - Eat Me!

Dex-chan lover
If galia was not the monster in this, I bet she would turn out as a funny character.

Few remarks about nitpicking.
1. Everything is in a rundown state because girls has extremely short lifespan. So they can't develop skills in handicraft, etc. Doesn't mean they can't do some basic repair in case of emergency, or clear a debris.
2. Day before their town was attacked by gigantic maneating worm. Everyone is busy. Why someone would pay attention to some ugly "girl" hanging with guardians?

Dex-chan lover
@sav7775

...they can't develop skills in handicraft, etc. Doesn't mean they can't do some basic repair in case of emergency...

If they have zero skills, they can't do basic repair. If they could do repairs before they would've. Since they can give intensive training to Guardians, they can see the importance of structure maintenance and train accordingly.

@musicfreak12 Me too.

@Samhill
Not "zero skills" but below average. By "develop" I mean that they have no time to master it to high levels. Guardian training is a thing in itself because the most promising girls are chosen in the castle and trained before they are dispatched to a city. Never stated that they are trained other crafts in the castle.

Double-page supporter
Kia's attitude changed as soon as he touched her. Youta knows what he's doing. The questionable part is why did the other guardians who know better let him touch her knowing what it's like? Her big ass cloak is what's blocking the visuals. Plus there's the small issue of her grenades that she doesn't want revealed to which is likely why she's refusing to mate. Seriously this story isn't that hard to follow so I wonder why people are forgetting key plot points like that.

Also as for him standing out in public, this isn't the first time. See chapter 45 while they were digging up the beach. It's not like he's in direct contact with the girls. As long as they don't hear his voice or touch him, they'll just think he's a rather muscular woman. See Chapter 1 when Lumi first ran into him, she didn't think anything was unusual until she heard his voice and she was even closer than these girls are. it's the knowledge of what he is along with the physical contact that sets them off, not just looking at him.

Other examples are Chapter 53 when all of the girls thanked Youta. Also Rino and Makana who were on the same boat as him for months, but didn't react to him until:
1. they saw him topless
2. He stated he was a man.

They had been in close proximity to him the entire time and didn't even think it was possible. This was long after his voice changing candy had run out. Remember the Elf in chapter 3 only gave him a one week supply (supposedly 7 candies). So they were hearing his voice for that entire time as well.

Dex-chan lover
@sav7775 I was thinking that they did zero repairs, but I think (without looking) they performed stopgap measures. I also thought that Guardians were trained outside the castle. So, I wonder why no one is trained in masonry?

@degenerateafro Oh yeah! Elves! I wonder why she was the only one we saw?

@Samhill
I also thought that Guardians were trained outside the castle.
That's probably true but kinda a spoiler for now. Later Kia and Misaki will clarify some details about training. Though still there is not enough info hence a lot of story points are vague and open for discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread