Parallel Paradise

Dex-chan lover
@fizhsmile
I am betting on genetic/human modification and its failures. Something happened where a massive disaster occurred and in order to preserve humanity, scientists started to develop modified humans. Modifying creatures and human mixes as well, with less of an overall success at human longevity. However rarely, more of a random near if not immortal production would be made, thus the various sentient creatures like Genius. Witches are another form of human modification. They were modified to be mixed with technology (thus magic). These few superior humans were unstable though and because of their bodies surviving off of energy converted from electricity (assuming that remote charging is a thing) it would explain the immortality and the "magic". Likely they were combat models. Actually, I would not doubt that everyone is using some from of remote power as a psudo-life force. The "moon break" is simply their receivers either overloading from years of no maintenance or alternative power supply, or are no longer capable of keeping their genetic build up in tact. Without external genetic code, the bodies simply fall apart which causes their receivers overload and disintegrate their body.

Now after a while of genetic modification, humans adapted for a time, but society reverted to a hierarchy. Superior humans (witches) who were successes for the most part, saw all others as failures and toy's / food to be used for their own pleasure. The 2 flaws of the witches is that they are genetically unstable under a certain circumstance. This was a fail safe designed in case they rebelled or became too hostile. the other issue, is that they are incapable of reproduction.

As for the neck rings, those are how humanity showed someone was "stabilized". In order to be efficient, they genetically coded women to gain a neck ring if she has been "stabilized". One of the issues though is that only females would be produced as offspring. Genetic modification deleted males unintentionally. So in order to preserve humanity, the Kull were mass produced as an attempted solution. Basically mobile semen dispensing bots which were intended to be capable of finding unstable girls and stabilize them artificially (sex at this point was likely seen as a requirement of survival, not done anymore for intimacy/pleasure since nothing good would be produced). However a glitch in production occurred and made them overly hostile/aggressive and not capable of stabilizing females. This also explains their similar voice.

God of Deep Jealousy isn't a god or anything. It is a made up name. A nickname/"slang phrase" which got way too much traction. What they think is the God is actually a med lab. One that specializes in human modification (specifically in the physical appearance area). One of the advancements made was the easy changing of appearances. This machine could make you look like anyone. Thus was nicknamed "God of Deep Jealousy" as a joke on how Jealous people sometimes change their appearances to mimic others. This was also the machine which caused the genetic failures, and elimination of males. The machine changed people on a genetic level, not like how plastic surgery and graphing/transplants are used today. Female DNA may have been more stable to use, so they always used it. And the unintended result was genetic removal of the Y chromosome. Eventually men died out over the years. The "God of Jealousy" was decommissioned and stored away. MC's friend was stored with it as a sample of "unaltered genetics" so when in the future someone could fix it, they could still have good genes to use.

The only thing I cant explain is the time travel. My only thought is he was sent to fix things by even more future society. Yes he is not from he past, but the fixed society in the more distant future (kind of like terminator in a way), but a future where technology is only starting to reemerge as more and more stuff is rediscovered. This "stuff" is recovered tech which was stored in secretly so as to allow future humans a chance to recover with it if possible. It was then fixed secretly to not spread panic by reintroducing the dark history of society. So they do not tell him why he is there. They just need him to fuck anyone and everyone to restart the genetic stability so that society can eventually be revived. And fuck he does.

Dex-chan lover
@Rune the depiction of sex isn't really something new to seinen magazines. and aside from the frequency it appears here, there's only a few rape stills with the kall/karu that don't show that much to be overly offensive. there's way more fucked up (literally) shit out there. thing is that series like "parallel paradise" usually get published in niche magazines that come out every one or two months. not in one of the big weeklies like this manga does.

btw if you wanna see how far non-hentai manga can go, try to dig up some old issues of the now defunct "champion red ichigo".

Dex-chan lover
This is indeed really good! After the novelty of hentai and sex wears off (and I mostly skip the "plot" now) the story is surprisingly pretty good, so many plot twist and crazy good world-building. Although its a bit edgy for my taste on some chapter, then again its a Japanese cartoon so what did you expect.

@Galder Yeah, seinen is for when I'm ready to dig into some good fucking food when I have the energy to think and process those complex themes and storylines. I know seinen is aimed at adult audiences which is why comments that are based around disliking adult themes kinda make me go "It says seinen if that ain't your style, then obviously you ain't gonna like it" But overall I just want the people who skip to the comments to know that it actually is a good series and to not just read the first few comments that don't provide any insightful reasoning as to why the commenters don't like it and why people shouldn't read it

"This is a human male, how disgusting"

I feel like I read this chapter before in this manga

I came into this expecting smut with a terrible isekai adventure. What I got instead was smut filled with decent and interesting plot that carried my interest after the sex scenes got a bit repetitive.

Absolutely fantastic managa! If you like fantasy adventure isekai this is a great choice with nice relationship development and great sex scenes. 10/10

Double-page supporter
I like to call this, the “twist-ridden Isekai hentai with actual plot.” Never thought I’d put those words together in the same sentence but it puts into perspective the... personality of this manga lol

Fed-Kun's army
The tags of this manga get more beautiful the longer you look at them... but somehow it feels like something is missing... (personal opinion)

Fed-Kun's army
hi guys, i read this a couple month ago, and i don't like it from first chapter,
is this manga getting better or not?

Supporter
The longer I read this the less I remember that this is by the same author as elfen lied
and knowing him we might just get a fucked up ending which I hope we don't.

Dex-chan lover
So, I somehow stumbled to this series on a Chinese aggregator site, came back here, decided to "quick-read", maybe ten or so chapters, to check it out.
But instead, binged all available chapters, for the plot and the "plot". lol
I liked the art style overall and the "plot" aside, it does have a good plot IMO. Made me look forward to the story's progression.

Gonna re-read from the beginning, while waiting for new chapters, as I did start this with a "quick-read" mindset, so might have skipped something.
Thanks to the current active scanlation team, Hyakuro Tranlations.

This quickly goes from "wow this is one of the worst things I've ever read" to "wow this is one of the BEST things I've ever read". Believe me or not, the story is much better than the smut.

I just leave it there a year ago like this shit will dropped, but wtf with this update lmao, gonna read it fr

Users who are viewing this thread