Past Life Regressor - Ch. 16

Double-page supporter
sooo... when is the apocalypse going to happen?

NOOOOOO don't lose Sun and Jonathan!!!
short selling stocks means if the market goes up they can be royally fucked...future is already changing

I dislike the economy talk, but the art is good and the fights are overall enjoyable. Considering we only had boxing for now, once the apocalypse happens i expect they'll be pretty fun to see.

big stonks. I don't even know what the fuck this story is about anymore. Apocalypse? What's that? Nah we big stonks here. I mean, sure that's neat. Very detailed economic talk, I'm sure people will find that interesting to a degree, but is it really? If it were informative, it would be, but it's not. It's situational. There's too many nuances to pretend this is how investment and economy goes. It feels more like the author is just pushing the idea of "Oh i'm a smarty pants, look at all this information that I know about" as hard as he can, but it'll all literally be irrelevant as soon as the actual story begins.

Lol. This is stupid. The author baited people with a super power apocalypse story, just to trick people into reading a boring story about stock trading. This chapter was funny though, attempting to make it dramatic and full of suspense and tension and failing miserably.

the author should have stopped the stock thing after the first win. maybe a time skip.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kinda having fun seeing readers reeling over stock trading lol.

Let's tldr again, this one's harder, I'll spoiler this one.
1. WHAT THE FUCK IS BOND!? 007?
1.b It's loan, or err debt. Basically, when you use your making a loan, you're giving away bond. Yes, you as the borrower, are the issuer of bond.
1.c What? So banks can sell the debt I owe them to another party???
1.d Yes, you used to owe the banks, now you owe bond manager.
2 Okay, how does bond price goes up?
2.b Yield, interest rate, maturity date, it's complicated- I'll at least gonnahafta make this list go up to 2.z.z for this. BASICALLY, the higher the rate, the cheaper the bonds.
3 Then what the fuck is Sun and Jon doing?
3.b They are short selling the bonds to foreign banks. Basically, they are selling "SECURITY", and they are paying liability as long as it's under estimate.
3.c Analogy; Jon is the dealer and the foreign banks are the player in this game of blackjack.
3.d Each bank paid in their 500Mill chips. They're hoping for a blackjack, if not they'll keep drawing until they BUST!
3.e BUT, we know damn well that Jon is cheating and is giving himself a king and an ace because he fucking knows the future.
3.f The interest rate is going to increase to 300%, those bonds will fucking crash and burn.
3.g Because it went over their estimate (100%), they don't have to cover the liability.
3.g They sold the bonds for gold, can buy them back cheapo.
4. Yes, they'll succeed again. Because plot armor obvs.

@4stjack I actually find the stock thing a bit interesting. It’s not a traditional fight in the sense, but a huge amount of things are at stake(real estate, money, companies) without it being a direct blow-to-blow exchange. There’s still tension, although it’s hard to grasp the scale due to the sheer amount of money they’re throwing around.
The story’s general synopsis doesn’t actually imply fully combat(since his preparation is actually relevant due to him grabbing land with dungeons, which does help in the post-apocalypse as opposed to hoarding money) and just gathering resources and dungeons.

...although yeah, plot armor. It’s not hard to see coming, although it would be interesting for it to be an actual failure here.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, call me when they stop the south east asian economy in the 90s history lesson.

Group Leader
I like its, really looking forward to see what he manages to build for the future

Dex-chan lover
I don't get you guys, every author doing this type of genre got mind-numbing fight scenes for days and now this one author is taking his time trying to do something a lil bit different and you guys mock it. like wtf?

shit this got me in a cold sweat!!!

i lové this type of writing so much, thank you for the translation!!!

Also i think the whole build up shows his character development and doesn’t give the MC everything bc “MC Perks” liek jow other stories have them where just bc they have memories of the future they happen upon a treasure trove. This guy is literally earning everything he’s got. If y’all wanted the type of store where they happen upon a golden spoon of support then there are plenty of good ones out there already. leave people to enjoy this. if you don’t like it don’t read it. there was no need to bash the author for their writing style.

Users who are viewing this thread