Peerless Dad - Vol. 1 Ch. 31

@trashscanlations

Learn from the PR responses by big companies. Responding with petty insults just makes you look bad. Your options basically are:

1] Address the snipers concerns by using your website to release financial breakdowns and translation statuses (including reasons for delays) for all series. Clearly mark funds intended for emergencies and/or copyright purchasing.

2] Personal reason to keep things secret. Release a single statement on the website without the backup data, but with a good reason why it can't be released. The reasoning should be good enough for at least 70% of people. Afterwards, stfu about it forever and refer back to the statement.

3] Delay, giving a deadline of how long you guys need to get info, then go back to [1] or [2].

4] Keep doing what you're doing and only mention things in comment sections and hope for the best.

It's only a couple series now and maybe it won't affect donations or site views, but maybe not. It's a game of chicken. Based on the writing, the snipers are trying to push you to either release the info requested or to (un)officially drop some series so that they can potentially be picked up by others.

I for one am a fan of more transparency. The way LN novel translations are setup with a clear cost per chapter or cost per word, I think is ideal. Throw that together with a max # of chapters per week, with a note that % of every donation is taken for the copyright fund. Keep the server costs separate as since ad revenue is variable, put it all into server costs or copyright fund.

Hope you guys work out this drama, b/c the longer it drags out the shittier it is for the community.

@Chuggoth That's my point, if the drama becomes too much and their "pride" doesn't allow it, they could stop doing those series altogether and I doubt the snippers will take responsibility and continue doing it, so in the end, the fan base ends up without their series.

Its like there's a new allen.
Translates extremely fast.
Donation doesn't affect the translation speed.
BTW allen is the reason TrashScanlation was created.

Aggregator gang
What is snipping? What's wrong with him translating chapters and releasing them? I don't think trashscanlations owns this comic

Fed-Kun's army
@No-Group
Like I would trust some random person from 4chan to have any attention span or perseverance to follow up on any of the sieries you snipped. You are not at all worth our trust. You want to force your agenda and belives - im cool with that but dont hind behind /a/ anonymus tag.

@Prinnyfoof
I'm with you on that. But people from TrashScan are stil young (around 20) and very emotional. So their first reactions will always be emotional.

PS to all:
(yeah I know my writing english is bad)

@NovaXII apart from the moral part, the problem lies within whether the snippers will continue to release chapters or not. And most of the time they won't. Especially in this case as they clearly are translating this title only to piss off the scanlation group.

@Garlyle july was not really that long ago...

Group Leader
@NovaXII so you don't see the problem when a snipper just do it to make a group stop scanlating a serie ?
My problem is that, when the snipper's achieved his goal (having the scan group stop the release on said series), he drops the series.
Then we're left with series without anyone working on it.
This, to me, is the problem.

While I do agree with this No-Group team or person on their shown principles (asking for transparency about donations & patreon and asking for teams to keep releasing on a stable basis instead of putting on hold a serie to begin another when raws are still available, etc) on this particular case, I wonder if there'll be any follow-up on the dropped series if it happens as it most, most often is not case.
He asks them to "release" of TrashScan's hold the series they put on wait so others can be motivated enough to work on said series. It's safe to wonder if there's anyone that'd actually take these series after being dropped, a lot of series have been dropped and are still waiting for someone to take over them, no one would be surprised to see the list getting a bit longer.

In the end, I agree with No-Group's claims (groups should make donations/patreon/costs transparent, they ask for trust but don't give any, most of the time) but not necessarily with the means as it could end up as a negative outcome for everyone. I also understand it's hard to reach the readers in any other way tho. But you can't just say "I don't see the problem with it" either say you don't understand the issue or you don't care about the series you read.

thick comment

Aggregator gang
I don't see a problem with them translating chapters and releasing them, I don't get how it will stop making a group translating a series.

If they stop, then oh well and hope another group will translate the series

@NovaXII

I don't get how it will stop making a group translating a series.

Starts a bunch of drama with the readers & scanlators, and does nothing but aggravate the scanlation group. You suddenly have a rush of people hop in your discord, and ask why you're not releasing faster, etc etc.

Which can be a fair question, to be honest. It's not like the big scanlation groups have never sniped another group because they felt they were taking too long.

But when it happens without a group, and the scanlators drop it. It results in no one translating it. You go "hope another group will translate the series", but there are tons of series out there that already aren't being translated at all. Some of them being long existing and very popular series, but they have hundreds upon hundreds of chapters to translate and no group wants to really bother with that.

TL;DR - If you're going to snipe, then have an actual group and be prepared for the long haul. It's happened many times, and while it created drama for a while it's ended well many times. Either with the original group improving quality/speediness, or with the new group taking full control and releasing timely quality updates.

Group Leader
LOL another group (third one now) Meraki scanlating this series now since Trash said they were going to snipe Meraki's LMS project. So it's a sniping war.

Users who are viewing this thread