Peerless Dad - Vol. 2 Ch. 156

Fed-Kun's army
literally all you had to do was explain it to him once then this would have never happened. Its like they are trying to make him led astray

@Saiangeli wasn't it mentioned at least once or twice, metal ki making them crazy? I think it was mentioned to him once.

but i also think it's quite obvious the way they talk and the way that dude behaved, though it might be influenced but what i know.

other than that the ki is probably affecting him already really terrible, just buy training a bit by it.

Fed-Kun's army
@bakauguu the thing is they didnt even try to explain at all. Even if its making him crazy why wait until it gets worse instead of taking action from the start? They can still converse with him enough to atleast teach him properly. If they just talked to him under the guise of teaching him the proper "technique" that is "stronger" then metal qi he wouldnt need it.
You dont give someone a piece of a puzzle and expect them to instantly understand every single part of the puzzle. You cant make something from such little information

Thing is - he WAS outright told that metal qi would drive him crazy. His reaction was "I'm tought shit, I wouldn't go crazy, OLOLO". No, it's MC who is moron here.

Double-page supporter
@Saiangeli
They were pretty roundabout about it but they DID say that using metal ki is bad and will mess with your brain. He also just saw how crazy the other metal ki guy is, and even said to himself "ok this might have driven THAT guy crazy, but I'll be careful"

It's also not unreasonable that even just the little bit he's used it before meeting the old lady has already made him somewhat addicted/influenced by it.

Plus even on top of all that, Noh is a stubborn asshole and doesn't like to listen to anybody until getting beaten down at least a little, whether physically, verbally, or both. He doesn't know these people and has no reason to trust them, especially since he was brought there by an elder from a rival organization/clan/whatever the deal is with the people he was semi-captured by.

If anything I'm just glad that the huge slog with the metal ki god guy is finally over, that shit took forever. I'm hoping the plot picks up the damn pace a little.

am I the only one who's kinda annoyed they're angry at Noh for not knowing everything?? Like they're punishing him for not knowing something his master REFUSED to teach him??
This isn't "bad ass" this is just cruel.. :(

@Elzariel - they are not punishing him for not knowing something. They try to remove "make you insane" metal ki from him, which he refuse to expel by other methods because "nuhuh, I'm speshul, I wouldn't get addicted to drugs go insane".

Fed-Kun's army
I knew that metal Qi shit must have already fucked with his mind, now I hope they can get him back to his normal way of thinking right quick so he can get back to his kids. They need their dad.

Speaking of "It's not Noh, it's metal qi":

1. Getting proud and uppity in training days -> several beatings by teacher
2. Getting proud and uppity at the start of career -> beating by "kill murim" guy
3. Getting proud and uppity after living in murim for some time -> Noya to the rescue
4. Getting "meh, I can take 'em" complacent -> nearly died to kidnappers (and that it happened in the first place)
5. And now he does it again

Papa Noh always was proud self-important asshole who start thinking that he will get away with it after some degree of success that allow him to forget his previous beating. It's only after beating he turns on his brain and his sense of self-preservation back and start doing actual thinking.

Yes, it's possible that metal qi does affect him. But Noh at base is like that.

@Elzariel I totally agree but let's not forget metal ki is addictive. By now the only thing that will clear his head is a beating.
@Al103 "His reaction was "I'm tought shit, I wouldn't go crazy, OLOLO". No, it's MC who is moron here." - to be fair wasn't it said that metal ki is addictive? All addicts know they're destroying themselves, they just value what their chasing more. To say Noh continued with metal ki because he's dumb is disingenuous to his character. He learned metal ki to survive in murim, it was a necessity. Not to mention he was under the impression that metal ki was the final form of his master's teachings since his book got smudged. He continued with it because of his addiction. Had his master properly explained before running off none of this would have happened. So far in the story I don't blame Noh for much imo.

I mean, I'd rather take a chance with insanity and survive over being murdered in murim.

@JewishSalsa
1. As far as I understand it's not at that level for him. Yet. Or this company wouldn't tried to "heal" him. So, no, it's not addiction speaking (if not counting simple addiction to power like all martial artists have).
2A. He was told "no qi" by his teacher.
2B. Grandma outright told that too.
3. If his master explained to him properly, I'm 100% sure young Noh would've gone "ololo I can take it" the same way he gone "ololo I can take it" by attempting to join murim immideately after his master left.

@al103 My guy, no one just trys heroin lol. He got a taste and he's hooked. Now he needs a beating, that we agree. But seriously? Ololol? The dude nearly died several times because they used ki against him. Plus metal ki resembled what his master showed him. He'd have been an idiot to not try it. By the time the granny warned him it was to late, he had already tasted it's power. Even the granny acknowledged the metal ki is affecting his mind.

But hey! That's just, like, my opinion, man :)
Definitely excited for next chapter!

"We look like we want to help you, but we refuse to say what is the problem, why is it a problem, how to fix the problem and when you sick of it, we will beat you up for dispicline." - the seniors, maybe?

@Telesia - only they did say that metal qi is problem and that he should expel it. And he DOES understand that, just decided that he's too cool to be affected so he don't want to. Do they need to whine "don't use metal qi, it affects your brain" every two page?

Noh must have gone crazy. That man is his Master's friend or at least an acquaintance and yet he dares to be arrogant !? The metal ki must have fried his brain out

Users who are viewing this thread