Peerless Dad - Vol. 2 Ch. 160

@bk3k

well, i think it's depend more on the choice to not get attention from people rather than she want to be a "good" girl, noh don't really care on that aspect.

and both think at the begining that it's just a story of richboy who want a girl in is bed, not a story of legendary thief.

Child? Innocent? Weak? You all do know those are code names for, "old", "guilty", and "strong" right?

@goyal99raj
Actually, yes. @spiderbait lays out the difference really well, although I don't really agree with their conclusion, so I'll supplement this: acting nice does not imply you're being kind and neither does being kind imply you have to act nice. Sure, being nice is useful in some situations, such as consoling a child when they're feeling down, but at other times, being nice isn't appropriate, such as scolding a child after you save them from a stupid mistake. This is why I say Noh is a kind person but not always a nice person. He puts in the effort to help others but he doesn't put on pleasantries to make them like him.

@Goyal99Raj It's because they're part of different clans and are naturally like that towards each other. It's his first time interacting with someone from the wood clan so he can't really control this natural impulse. Look back when he had some metal ki in him and how he initially treated her - he's improved a lot since then.

Basically this. Noh Mah Mah briefly mentions the relationship between the various clans, but it's best to kind of think of it more as a balance and a systematic force, rather than a simple rock paper scissors "x beats y" kind of thing. Each of the elements constrains or builds up the others, and is itself constrained and built up, but they are not necessarily in conflict, even for the elements which are in opposition. When Noh had the metal ki in him, his instinct was to destroy the wood clan girl(when he was letting out all that bloodlust), and he was apprehensive about fighting the fire clan dude. Once the Metal Ki was drained out of him, his attitude towards the fire clan dude became more respectful, while his behavior towards the wood clan girl became more controlling. When ki is out of balance, superior elements will overwhelm or destroy subordinate elements. When ki is in balance, the proper relationship between the superior and subordinate elements is control or regulation.

Interestingly, the dominance relationship between the elements is referred to as the father-child relationship. The generative cycle(i.e., the reinforcing relationship between elements, like metal and water) is referred to as the mother-child relationship.

Contributor
Expect a misunderstanding to occur when he comes home from a long trip with a woman in tow. 😉

Users who are viewing this thread