Shokubutsu Monster Musume Nikki ~Seijo datta Watashi ga Uragireta Hate ni Aruraune ni Tensei Shite Shimatta node, kore kara wa Kougousei wo Shinagara…

Group Leader
bro who translated this and not know what apple is in japanese. and who proofread this and not know ringle isn't a real world.

image.png
image.png

Dex-chan lover
bro who translated this and not know what apple is in japanese. and who proofread this and not know ringle isn't a real world.
I don't have the raws to confirm, but there is a possibility that the name of the fruit is similar to "ringo" but is actually diffferent.
The bear was not exactly a "bear", the wolf was not exactly a "wolf", same for the bees... So, the apple might be something different too.
She often "translates" the names based on her knowledge as a reincarnated japanese girl, but most of the time she knows and uses the fantasy names she learned as a saint.

That said, this is just a wild guess.

Group Leader
I don't have the raws to confirm, but there is a possibility that the name of the fruit is similar to "ringo" but is actually diffferent.
The bear was not exactly a "bear", the wolf was not exactly a "wolf", same for the bees... So, the apple might be something different too.
She often "translates" the names based on her knowledge as a reincarnated japanese girl, but most of the time she knows and uses the fantasy names she learned as a saint.

That said, this is just a wild guess.
while this may be true, problem is: those original words don't sound like japanese. the author clearly went with intentionally distinct names that aren't just actual names spelled differently, there's a reason bear isn't just a slightly altered version of "kuma". like, just look at how wildly different the names are on page 7 compared to ringle for apple. Ringle isn't a real word so it can't be reached via translation. Thus I find it safe to assume the translator derived ringle from the direct pronounciation of the word.

Dex-chan lover
while this may be true, problem is: those original words don't sound like japanese. the author clearly went with intentionally distinct names that aren't just actual names spelled differently, there's a reason bear isn't just a slightly altered version of "kuma". like, just look at how wildly different the names are on page 7 compared to ringle for apple. Ringle isn't a real word so it can't be reached via translation. Thus I find it safe to assume the translator derived ringle from the direct pronounciation of the word.
A fantasy setting making up new names for things that really exist? Nope never seen that before nope never doesn't happen. Seriously you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Users who are viewing this thread