Player - Ch. 17

@comeonnow0 Well if you don't have observation and analytical skills that's on you, everyone is different, what I did isn't exceptional and I was only showing you that the only similarity they have was being sentient. Those aren't excuses, they're observations from what you can see in the story.

This is what you don't get, if you don't know why one is special because the author didn't give an explanation, then it's not a contradiction, you only have a question about an element of the story. You're just jumping to conclusions because you don't have your answer immediately.

It's the same with your example with dogs, if he doesn't say why he hates one particular dog then it's not a contradiction because you didn't hear the reason. If he says he just doesn't like the dog for no real or particular reason while liking all other dogs then it is a contradiction, if the dog bit him and is always aggressive towards him then it's not because he doesn't like a dog who always tries to hurt him.

This is your thought process: because you don't have an explanation (while admitting the author didn't yet explain how powers and weapons work in the world) then it's a contradiction, which isn't the case.

Dex-chan lover
@zedsa You're the one who doesn't have observation and analytical skills. You're the one trying so hard to write words that the author literally did not write.

The "only" similarity was being sentient? That's a MAJOR similarity! You're the one trying to ignore the HUGE value of that similarity. Look at the name EGO WEAPON. What does that sound like to you? Oh, herp derp, sentient weapon, that similarity is minor. You keep inserting your own values and judgments into the story and acting like it's so clear. The only thing that's clear is that you're making up excuses for the author.

"if he doesn't say why he hates one particular dog then it's not a contradiction because you didn't hear the reason." Yes, it is a contradiction to anyone who actually uses logic. Just because you say it's not a contradiction doesn't make you right. Any ordinary person on the outside would consider that a contradiction.

"if the dog bit him and is always aggressive towards him then it's not because he doesn't like a dog who always tries to hurt him." Here you go, trying to invent excuses that did not exist in the original scenario.

This is your thought process: the author must make sense, so I will invent a lot of different reasons that were never stated in order to make sure that the author makes sense.

Listen, I am fine with giving an author the benefit of the doubt. The problem is that you go way too far. You are willing to give the author everything, including things that were never said ever. You're literally writing excuses that didn't exist. Again, at the end of the day, YOU are the one writing those excuses in.

@comeonnow0 Since you're kind of person who prefers to say that I'm making excuses inventing elements of the story because you don't want reread and really see what was shown then it's better for me to stop.

PS: 1/ you should learn what contradiction means.
2/ your dog example didn't say why the individual doesn't like the dog so if you don't say why, it's normal for anyone using logic to not say it's a contradiction since they don't have the necessary information.

Dex-chan lover
@zedsa

1) I literally said SEEMING contradiction in my first post that mentioned the word contradiction. Do you not know what the word seeming means? Maybe you're too busy inventing excuses for the author to read what people actually type.

2) What you just wrote proves my point. Yes, my dog example did not say why the individual doesn't like the dog the same way this series does not explain why there is a difference between Jandraken and Excalibur. That's what you call an inconsistency. That IS a contradiction.

Honestly, you really should learn to read better.

Group Leader
I was wondering why this chapter had so many comments and it was because those two dudes were going at each other down there lmao

Users who are viewing this thread