• I support adding a Villainess tag!

Votes: 559 91.0%
  • I don't think we need one.

Votes: 55 9.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether you despise it and want to cull it out of your searches or you love and want to find it easily- both are perfectly valid reasons for the implementation of the tag. This certainly doesn't strike me as far fetched when we already have a "gyaru" tag

I am confused why people who don't read or hate villainess stories, and therefor presumably would use it, are arguing.

It's a tag, you include it, exclude it or ignore it. Even if you just search the word 'villainess' here there are 54 results that turn up, I'm pretty sure that's more than some of the other existing tags already and wouldn't catch all the villainess stories.

btw, I do like reading the villainess stories, shoujo, josei and senien (some of them), I am unsure if I've read a shounen villainess story though. It'd be nice to be able to search for them easily, especially the ones that don't turn up when you search 'villainess', I have a bad habit of forgetting to follow some stories and being unable to find them ever again because I can't remember their title and they don't turn up in the searches I'd expect them too.

We have a 95:5 ratio in support of the tag with about 800 votes total. I think it's pretty clear what most people who even care about the discussion want.
Have we heard anything from mods at all yet? There's no point in going in circles like this if the mods just completely ignore this thread and don't take action.

Dex-chan lover
@Racchi
To state my position, I advocate for a 'Villainess' tag as well, or something similar enough, if the staff were to decide on that. I don't even read these kinds of manga, but I still would prefer it to be added.

The '95:5' ratio you cited, though, isn't actually a fair indicator of support. At the start of this thread, you can see that the poll was pretty much brigaded by a bunch of shoujo fans due to a link put in a recent chapter release.

But yeah, I hope it gets sorted out too, hopefully with a new tag that encompasses these mangos well.

Others have already mentioned your point in the thread earlier and again, I will repeat what was said in response: people who care about this "debate" will vote in the poll so naturally villainess readers will chip in. Regardless of whether "brigaded" or not, the votes are from legitimate users who actually care about the subject matter.
In any case there's no point in repeating the same conversations over and over again so I won't respond further than that.

I'll just again drive the point of my original reason for participating in the thread and ask for mods to please take action or give some response.

Dex-chan lover
@Racchi
My point still stands. No matter how you look at it, the 95:5 ratio is not an accurate measure of for/against due to the nature of the poll itself. This was even stated by the OP. That's solely what I was correcting.

We're on the same page with adding the tag at least. And yeah, I'd like mod opinions too.

Dex-chan lover
speaking of debate, i don't think just writing "+n | n ∈ ℝ" contribute to a debate. at least give us a reason why you want them tag here.

they probably won't add it until they finish v5 anyway
edit: they did add one

i don't know what kind of idiot would stray back to this place.
but god damn what kind of mess this suggestion would made, i bet no sane person could predict such consequences. well, at least this won't shut down anything, good for us.

well, at least this is fun for me.
good me.

what the heck are you thinking anyway, adding a freaking new tag? at least make a new tag system and put them under "user defined tag" would ya? make use of community in a useful way, not just blindly succumb to their place. i bet governments would love to pay you NOT to have you working for them.

upfront i prefer more tags in general. The issue I see is many tags are unintentionally misused even with relatively straight forward definitions. Given that there are stories with villainesses who are villains and others who aren't but are stuck in the role I can see confusion right from the start. It seems like many of the villainess titles that are popular are also otome which to me would be a better tag.

Dex-chan lover
@Racchi Adding a "Villainess" tag would solve 1 problem and create 2-3 more. I prefer a tag that doesn't create those problems.

Now https://mangadex.org/title/24206/buta-koushaku-ni-tensei-shitakara-kondo-wa-kimi-ni-suki-to-iitai and https://mangadex.org/title/50011/my-death-flags-show-no-sign-of-ending are in limbo because they have all the story beats of a "Villainess" manga, but the protagonists are male.

Group Leader
WE DID IT!!! VILLAINESS IS A TAG! Thank you everyone for all your support (and debate).

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
This has now been implemented, closing this thread at the request of OP.

Best Regards
Woulez
Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread