Please add a Showbiz tag

Please add a Showbiz tag

• Yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Could you please add Showbiz as a tag to make it easier for readers to find stories on the entertainment industry? This tag would include actors, musicians/artists, anchors and athletes.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm against adding tag that doesn't have any presence on manga since it would only bring more work to the developer and the staff that might monitor the release. You can use Mangaupdates since it have the stuff that you might looking for.

I don't understand you. There are already tags here that do not appear on comics. I'm not asking them to retroactively add this tag to any old series. Just the new uploads it applies to. It doesn't make sense to ask users to rely on another site system. This is the same as you telling me to read elsewhere because this site lacks the ability to cater to me or readers like me...

Double-page supporter
> only applicable to 272 mangos
...out of 177783. That's about 0.153% Definitely doesn't worth it.

Fed-Kun's army
Then I suggest removing some theme like Gyaru or Monster girl, which covers roughly the same number of titles.

Double-page supporter
Well, a long time ago someone from the staff already acknowledged that adding Gyaru was a mistake but they don't plan to remove it.

@wowfucktron

Do you own or represent this site? Do I have to keep adding that I don't use that site? I don't know how their tagging system works. For all I know it's user generated which would make it being brought up for a second time, twice as useless.

I did take a look an noticed that Female Protagonist has over 600 hundred tags and I'm sure Male Protagonist has even more but those tags are also missing from this site... So which is it? How many tags are relevant enough to make it to this one? I'd also love to see those two tags added as well.

Dex-chan lover
@bruisedbone
rnjDL0q.png

Character specific tags are rejected in the 'READ FIRST' sticky in this forum.

Group Leader
@bigtiddyoneesan
Character specific tags are rejected in the 'READ FIRST' sticky in this forum.
oh then magical girls,loli,shota,deliquents,gyaru is not gender/character specific tags then
Even on mangaupdates, the tag is only applicable to 272 mangos.
and how many does music,office workers,cooking,cross dressing,traditional games applicable to
historical/fantasy,wuxia/martial arts,video games/virtual reality these are interchangeable

MangaDex doesn't aim to be a site with a complex tagging system. You'd have to have a really relevant tag for it to be a decent addition here.
dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

office workers who even use those

Dex-chan lover
You know what, simply for the fact I really like AKB49 renai kinshi jourei and Oshi no ko (and I used to read Skipbeat a lot), I think adding a Showbiz tag would be nice.
+1
Ultimately the decision is left to mods though so good luck.

Dex-chan lover
@Noobmaster69__
Oh shit my dude you absolutely BTFO me.

Character specific tags exist; and new character specific tags are currently rejected, as per the 'READ FIRST' thread (which I'm sure you've read before, say, posting suggestions of your own, right?)

I'm fully aware that a tag's usability is subjective, that this site could benefit from more concrete requirements for adding tags, and that the current method of adding them is wishy-washy.

The main point is, giving them an inch will result in them asking for a mile. This is why new tags need to essentially be all but a necessity in filtering mangos for them to be even considered. This generality won't change anytime soon.

@AbyssalMonkey
Funny you mention that, because that's exactly what tags on MD currently are. User Generated. They have groups of people arbitrarily assign tags, the people who upload. So you are going to trust those people, who once upload, never change tags? Seems user generated to me. Also funny you say they're twice as useless, because EH Galleries, a website that uses user generated tags, is basically the gold standard for how to tag. If you've ever used VNDB, they also use user tags. I guess this makes your opinion twice as bad?

Oh,and, I'm throwing my own hat in the ring here, I find the tags here on MD grossly unused and misplaced. Historical and Fantasy may as well be interchangeable. Good luck finding something that is actually based on actual history and doesn't just cover the broad idea of "oh, they've got swords, but not magic, so it's definitely historical" which may as well include half of the actual fantasy created. So for me, this suggestion you have is three strikes, and out.

Looks like what I was implying went right over your head so I'll be direct. I said mentioning user generated tags of another site is pointless because we have no way of knowing how many comics where either not tagged or incorrectly tagged. If there's no special system and there's a rush to just get things done, certain tags will be ignored or forgotten. I'll proceed to ignore any mentions of a tagging system I really know nothing about since it lacks relevance to this site. Also it sounds like you agree with me that the tagging system could be better so I don't understand why you'd come at my suggestion when you have your own issues with the tagging system. Feel free to start your own post, I won't complain.

Users who are viewing this thread