Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! - Vol. 5 Ch. 79 - Memories of a Dream

Dex-chan lover
Well that was a lot. So this new girl is the villain but is trying to free the soul of their old teacher. Elsa has been reincarnated and is alive again but I wonder why Yvonne mother is involved in this?

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the translation!

if the goal is to break the curse for their teachers soul can be put to rest, and im guessing that caused the death of lena as collateral in the original timeline due to her bearing the curse too and not being demon?
just woke up tho might be understanding wrong.

Dex-chan lover
Eh? How can Yvonne's mother be affected? Isn't she and the sage a whole different person?

The way I understand it
the Sage was Lena/mom's teacher and picked up Olivia initially to use her as vessel for demon lord curse, since a full demon would get driven mad by it she think being a half-demon would make for less volatile while also more effective seal.
However the Sage came to love Olivia as a mother and couldn't put her through it and ask Lena to learn the purification magic instead.

Later on the demon lord appears, Sage use her body/soul as a seal.
Olivia enraged by this seek to break the seal to release the sage's soul from this eternal damnation state.
Lena likely sealed the curse into her body similar to what the sage did.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter
soo miss half deamon is then the reason the curse jumped? and the curse is not from the demon lord so what is the origin then?

Dex-chan lover
This is so interesting. They were a makeshift family, torn apart. Now the "sisters" have fought and seemingly betrayed one another. It seems like Olivia either forced part of the curse onto Lena as part of her revenge, and in order to free her mother, the sage; or Lena ended up doing so on her own?

Can't wait to learn more and I might reread the series first to catch up on all the small details I might be forgetting. We've seen purification magic earlier in the series, for example.

It's always fun to go back and see the breadcrumbs that were already planted and planned. It's becoming clearer that this has been in the works for quite a bit. Really enjoying this arc into the past. As always, it just needed the room to play out a bit first, to breathe. A lot of good world building and likely more to come.

Dex-chan lover
Was that what happened in Ch1 when Yvonne freed Elsa from that mare/nightmare demon creature thing?
I just checked some of the earlier parts (I haven't read the novel) but I think it was
Dahlia (the nun that takes care of the orphanage Elsa was in), who used purification magic on Evie when she was possessed by the succubus.

Dex-chan lover
okay summarizing
  1. Bella the sage purified the undead from the demon lord and every time she does she takes a curse in her own body and eventually dies to seal the demon lord away

2. Bella teaches her purification magic to Yvonne’s mother, Lena, and Lena also takes in curses
    (unclear: her mentor’s curses from the seal or additional purification that she did after her mentor died)

3. Bella’s adopted daughter, Olivia, is probably going to release the seal which allowed the demon lord to be released as a loli in the present along with all the monsters that killed everyone bc that’ll free Bella’s soul

4. Releasing the seal seems like it’ll result in Lena’s death something bad will happen to Lena and the curse then inhabiting Yvonne in the form of the Villainess System because the curse “amplifies the darkest recesses of a person’s inner self”

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
okay summarizing
  1. Bella the sage purified the undead from the demon lord and every time she does she takes a curse in her own body and eventually dies to seal the demon lord away

2. Bella teaches her purification magic to Yvonne’s mother, Lena, and Lena also takes in curses
    (unclear: her mentor’s curses from the seal or additional purification that she did after her mentor died)

3. Bella’s adopted daughter, Olivia, is probably going to release the seal which allowed the demon lord to be released as a loli in the present along with all the monsters that killed everyone bc that’ll free Bella’s soul

4. Releasing the seal seems like it’ll result in Lena’s death and the curse then inhabiting Yvonne in the form of the Villainess System because the curse “amplifies the darkest recesses of a person’s inner self”
At number 4.
Didn't Yvonne specifically state that her mom never died in the first time-line, when she was supposed to in the og work?
Maybe Yvonne took on the curse herself from the mom? And that is why villainess system?

Dex-chan lover
At number 4.
Didn't Yvonne specifically state that her mom never died in the first time-line, when she was supposed to in the og work?
Maybe Yvonne took on the curse herself from the mom? And that is why villainess system?
This is for certain a critical moment of divergence from the game.

It's easy to see how Yvonne's father's downfall would go from here. His wife dies from a curse he doesn't understand, the adoptive sister of his wife approaches him and tells him about how the curse was there because of the Kingdom's actions and he should trust her, a half-demon, becase she had fought the curse for a long time, and, through this, he starts cavorting with demons and goes down the route of villainy.

Dex-chan lover
The way I understand it
the Sage was Lena/mom's teacher and picked up Olivia initially to use her as vessel for demon lord curse, since a full demon would get driven mad by it she think being a half-demon would make for less volatile while also more effective seal.
However the Sage came to love Olivia as a mother and couldn't put her through it and ask Lena to learn the purification magic instead.

Later on the demon lord appears, Sage use her body/soul as a seal.
Olivia enraged by this seek to break the seal to release the sage's soul from this eternal damnation state.
Lena likely sealed the curse into her body similar to what the sage did.
Missed a step before the last: Lena acted to prevent Olivia, choosing sides against her and the sage, likely seeing it as an "respect her wishes" situation rather than "she was martyred unnecessarily, and can still be saved" situation, which Olivia did. At the end it looked like she tried to take the curse into herself that was breaking free thanks to Olivia's efforts, but because it was only partial (as shown by the current day scene of her at the gravestone), it didn't take full effect immediately.

Dex-chan lover
Isn't the Nun that take care of the orphanage a demon capable of using purification magic? Could it be?

Users who are viewing this thread